An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inquisitor and neo-Catholics

Paphnutius

Phatmassers,

I was reading our good friend Inquisitor's blog this morning and found this:[quote]Evangelization, Hip Hop, and Phatmass
There has been a debate raging in certain traditionalist circles concerning the efficacy of Hip Hop in evangelizing young people and whether or not this might, in fact, be counterproductive. At the center of this debate, of course, is the website Phatmass, whose neo-Catholic propaganda and practices are correctly deemed offensive by all traditionalists. Here is what one poster, Maurice Pinay, has to say on the issue:
The great Archbishop Lefebvre, whom "phatmassers" tend to disrespectfully characterize as a "disobedient schismatic" was, in fact, one of the greatest missionaries of the 20th century. He was a missionary who went into heathen Africa and brought the true Catholic faith and Catholic civilization to tens of thousands of lost souls. He led tens of thousands of heathens from the darkness of their uncivilized wretchedness to the light of Christian civilization.

I suppose that it should surprise no one that the anti-missionaries of "phatmass," who undo the work of the Church's great missionaries of the past by "evangelizing" the West with uncivilized "culture," false obedience and modernist, Judaizing errors, would have such enmity for a true missionary like Archbishop Lefebvre.
Obviously, we agree wholeheartedly with Maurice. What's interesting is that the saintly Archbishop himself also seems to agree. Here are his words for then Cardinal Ratzinger:
[W]e work in two diametrically opposed directions: you, you work for the de-Christianization of society, of the human person, and of the Church, and we, we work for its Christianization.
You can hear an audio version (in French) of this quote here. May the saintly Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, of happy memory, rest in peace.
[/quote]

Did you catch that? We are anti-missionaries and we seek to undo the work of God. Inquisitor, would you care to come and support such statements?

I believe that I hit the nail on the head when I quoted to him Paul speaking about divisions in the Church.

Edited by Paphnutius

Desert Walker

Hmm. I wonder what Inquisitor thinks a Christianized society is supposed to be like?

I've read some web sites that make the claim that all popes following Pius XII are anti-popes, and I have to tell you, I get a dark feeling when I read them. It was like that time I went to a new age web site to check out the latest prophecies from the inter-dimensional beings. ;)

i agree that there is too much Lefebvre bashing...But Phatmass is dedicated to orthodoxy. Many of us go to indult tridentine masses, others to latin novus ordo masses... They better not even think of calling me a modernist. bunch of schizzies.

Edited by MC Just

[quote name='MC Just' date='Feb 20 2006, 01:27 PM']i agree that there is too much Lefebvre bashing...But Phatmass is dedicated to orthodoxy. Many of us go to indult tridentine masses, others to latin novus ordo masses... They better even not think of calling me a modernist. bunch of schizzies.
[right][snapback]892831[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I would seriously doubt that they even know what modernism is. But then it seems that they redefine many words to fit their worldview.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:30 PM']I would seriously doubt that they even know what modernism is. But then it seems that they redefine many words to fit their worldview.
[right][snapback]892837[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Did we not have a "debate" (it was more like a calling out) about whether Cam was a modernists a few months ago? Perhaps we should send him the document and ask how many of those fit here?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:22 PM']We must be having a positive impact, as these anti-Catholics are taking notice of us. :)
[right][snapback]892824[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Indeed. :)

God is good. :D:

[quote]There has been a debate raging in certain traditionalist circles concerning the efficacy of Hip Hop in evangelizing young people and whether or not this might, in fact, be counterproductive.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

Betta rekanize.

Seriously, though: who cares what these people think about Phatmass?

If they don't like it, let them start their own organization, and evangelize people as they see fit.

[quote name='Era Might' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:04 PM']Seriously, though: who cares what these people think about Phatmass?

If they don't like it, let them start their own organization, and evangelize people as they see fit.
[right][snapback]892931[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

wait'll they hear "Ultramontane". I preach the faith in Rapologetics and defend tradition,the Papacy, etc...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Era Might' date='Feb 20 2006, 04:02 PM']:lol_roll:

Betta rekanize.
[right][snapback]892930[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='MC Just' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:05 PM']wait'll they hear "Ultramontane". I preach the faith in Rapologetics and defend tradition,the Papacy, etc...
[right][snapback]892932[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Rapologetics is deep :cool:

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Feb 20 2006, 02:16 PM']Phatmassers,

I was reading our good friend Inquisitor's blog this morning and found this:

Did you catch that? We are anti-missionaries and we seek to undo the work of God. Inquisitor, would you care to come and support such statements?

I believe that I hit the nail on the head when I quoted to him Paul speaking about divisions in the Church.
[right][snapback]892818[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The people who where once Catholic that protest the current Pope and Magisterium are indeed "protestants".

It is a shame that they cannot realize this. They left the group, therefore they were wrong Acts 20:29-30, 2 Peter 3:15-16. They protest against the Church leadership and teachings.

They are no different than Luther, Knox, etc...

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Feb 20 2006, 05:00 PM']The people who where once Catholic that protest the current Pope and Magisterium are indeed "protestants".

It is a shame that they cannot realize this. They left the group, therefore they were wrong Acts 20:29-30, 2 Peter 3:15-16. They protest against the Church leadership and teachings.

They are no different than Luther, Knox, etc...

God Bless,
ironmonk
[right][snapback]893110[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Amen.