An Old School Catholic Message Board

If the Tridentine Mass was brought back...

brendan1104

Fidei Defensor

I can imagine how beautifully celebrated the Novus Ordo would be if the whole church would simply unite, and the more orthodox priests would take the place of the heterodox ones.

Imagine if the SSPX priests were united back to the Church and celebrated a N.O. the way it was supposed to be? Beautiful.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:13 PM']Though would the norm of a mass be more of a matter of discipline rather than doctrine...?  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]893206[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yep. The whole point of Quo Primum Tempore, BTW.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:20 PM']I can imagine how beautifully celebrated the Novus Ordo would be if the whole church would simply unite, and the more orthodox priests would take the place of the heterodox ones.

Imagine if the SSPX priests were united back to the Church and celebrated a N.O. the way it was supposed to be? Beautiful.
[right][snapback]893216[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That place exists, sans SSPX. It is my home parish in Minnesota. My mentor was pastor there for 31 years. Here is a picture.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/camilam42/altar1024.jpg[/img]

Novus Ordo Missae only. It is not, I repeat not an Indult parish.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:20 PM']Imagine if the SSPX priests... celebrated a N.O. the way it was supposed to be? Beautiful.
[right][snapback]893216[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They would never celebrate the Novus Ordo, even the "way its supposed to be".

Hey Cam, do you Father Altier?

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:28 PM']Yes, he is a very close friend of mine.
[right][snapback]893230[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What a [u]great[/u] preacher and a holy priest. The best pastor I've ever seen. If I was in Minnesota, believe it or not, I would be going there instead of the SSPX.

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:30 PM']What a [u]great[/u] preacher and a holy priest. The best pastor I've ever seen. If I was in Minnesota, believe it or not, I would be going there instead of the SSPX.
[right][snapback]893234[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He'd expect you to go to confession and denounce the SSPX first.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:27 PM']They would never celebrate the Novus Ordo, even the "way its supposed to be".

Hey Cam, do you Father Altier?
[right][snapback]893226[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
They would if they would put down their pride and realize how beautiful it could really be. They purposely make it sound terrible because they use the visual of terribly celebrated masses with tons of abuses.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:31 PM']He'd expect you to go to confession and denounce the SSPX first.
[right][snapback]893236[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hmm... I donno.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:32 PM']They would if they would put down their pride and realize how beautiful it could really be. They purposely make it sound terrible because they use the visual of terribly celebrated masses with tons of abuses.
[right][snapback]893237[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They think the Novus Ordo consecration formulae even in Latin are doubtfully valid.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:26 PM']That place exists, sans SSPX.  It is my home parish in Minnesota.  My mentor was pastor there for 31 years.  Here is a picture.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/camilam42/altar1024.jpg[/img]

Novus Ordo Missae only.  It is not, I repeat not an Indult parish.
[right][snapback]893223[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Beautiful. I can just imagine how beautifully celebrated the Mass would be there.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:32 PM']They would if they would put down their pride and realize how beautiful it could really be. They purposely make it sound terrible because they use the visual of terribly celebrated masses with tons of abuses.
[right][snapback]893237[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ya know, honestly, I have seen tons of abuses with the Tridentine Mass. I have also seen some pretty ugly Tridentine Masses too.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:33 PM']If the NO was outlawed and the TLM brought back I would be so extremely happy that I dont know what I'd do!
[right][snapback]893239[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Maybe shave for the first time?!

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 20 2006, 07:34 PM']Hmm... I donno.
They think the Novus Ordo consecration formulae even in Latin are doubtfully valid.
[right][snapback]893240[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The Holy Fathers have said otherwise.

Hmm, now who would I trust on this issue?

I'll give you one hint: not SSPX. ;)

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:34 PM']Hmm... I donno.
[right][snapback]893240[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I do know. I have been at table with him and we have had this discussion before....several times. No need to ponder. You are getting it straight.

And the SSPX thinks wrong.....they have no authority to make that fallacious assumption.