An Old School Catholic Message Board

If the Tridentine Mass was brought back...

brendan1104

Ora et Labora

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 27 2006, 08:02 PM']Well, it would be good change, back to the basics of orthodoxy to the sacrifice of the Mass.
[right][snapback]899487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The basics of orthodoxy...it sounds like a dream. :rolleyes:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 27 2006, 09:02 PM']Well, it would be good change, back to the basics of orthodoxy to the sacrifice of the Mass.
[right][snapback]899487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You seem to forget the Mass was changed [i]to[/i] get back to the basics.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 28 2006, 11:27 AM']You seem to forget the Mass was changed [i]to[/i] get back to the basics.
[right][snapback]899945[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I didnt mean it that way. I just realize that it came off in a bad tone.

I was just implying that it would be a reform of the reform, meaning fixing abuses. Which, actually, would mean that it would be basically the same with only a few changes.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 28 2006, 06:16 PM']I didnt mean it that way. I just realize that it came off in a bad tone.

I was just implying that it would be a reform of the reform, meaning fixing abuses.  Which, actually, would mean that it would be basically the same with only a few changes.
[right][snapback]900247[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Mass doesn't need fixed, those abusing it do.
Although I have heard discussions about moving the sign of peace.

Ora et Labora

I think thats what fidei was trying to say. The abuses need to be fixed. The mass itself is fine!

Hopefully for everyone its fine (without the abuses!)

Desert Walker

Earlier there was a lot of stuff about traditionalists and their motivations in the Church. I think that the true, obedient traditionalist does no more than follow the advice of Paul: "Hold fast to your traditions." Not to the point of schism of course. Our traditions give us a sense of eternity I think that is necessary to see in this always changing world.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Desert Walker' date='Mar 1 2006, 01:56 PM']Earlier there was a lot of stuff about traditionalists and their motivations in the Church.  I think that the true, obedient traditionalist does no more than follow the advice of Paul: "Hold fast to your traditions."  Not to the point of schism of course.  Our traditions give us a sense of eternity I think that is necessary to see in this always changing world.
[right][snapback]900915[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:yes: