An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lifeteen cleaned up their liturgies, huh?

brendan1104

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Feb 21 2006, 03:54 PM']Ora and Nicole are perilously close to Ruling...
[right][snapback]893972[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree ;)

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Feb 20 2006, 11:39 AM']GIRM - General Instruction on the Roman Missal

And no, it is not their fault  - its the Churches fault for its lack of catechesis and pastoral ministry.
[right][snapback]892790[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

true, but partly theirs as well.

To go back to the earlier questions about outdoor masses: they can be perfectly valid, but one needs permission from the Bishop to perform them.

[quote name='dustthouart' date='Feb 21 2006, 05:50 PM']To go back to the earlier questions about outdoor masses: they can be perfectly valid, but one needs permission from the Bishop to perform them.
[right][snapback]894034[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have actually been to an outdoor Mass where the bishop was the main celebrant. It was for the celebration of youth in the diocese of Lincoln. We sang at that Mass. It was pretty cool.

cmotherofpirl

I have attended Boy Scout and Girl Scouts outdoor masses for over 40 years. Surrounded by hills and flowers, all Creation can celebrate God. :)

The problem is not having Mass outside. JP2, before he was pope, celebrated mass outside. Fr. Antoinne (sp?), a priest on EWTN often, celebrates Holy Mass in the mountains. However, these pictures do seem to indicate a lack of respect. I cant judge hearts but having the kids gathered around like that seems unthoughtful. If care is taken to follow the Church's guidelines Mass outside can be very very holy and powerful. Im gonna sound like a tree hugger, but Gods Creation is very pretty and He does speak volumes throught it. The Eucharistic King crowned by His Creation...Outdoor Masses are cool.

As far as LIFETEEN goes...Im no expert..but even if they haven't been to hot before...if they conform to the laws of the Church for Mass they can do much good. These pictures cant condemn every LIFETEEN group that just doesn't make sense. It would be like saying that one faulty priest could condemn the Church.

Edited by Thurifer

At least lifeteen uses a table...

[img]http://www.staloysius.org/chaplaincy/s4retreat/large/Outdoor%20Mass%202.jpg[/img]

what disturbs me about that picture brendan, is there is clearly a picnic table that they could've used...instead, kids are sitting at it

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 21 2006, 09:36 PM']At least lifeteen uses a table...

[img]http://www.staloysius.org/chaplaincy/s4retreat/large/Outdoor%20Mass%202.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]894349[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Contrast that with this:

[img]http://www.cmri.org/pictures/mass3.jpg[/img]

and I could understand why people get a tad upset.

God the Father

Life Teen? Life Teen gives me something to rebel against. The church experience would be more welcoming to me if every Sunday they got a big-ticket recording artist to come and perform afterwards. I'm not sure what God would think, but hey, there you go.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Feb 22 2006, 02:55 PM']im assuming you like tradition a little better...fidei defensor?
[right][snapback]894874[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes and no. I have actually never been to a traditional latin mass. I really would like to attend one, but I am happy with my Parish. Our Mass is celebrated properly (minus the latin, unfortunately).

I love tradition, though. Very much so considering the abuses that are happening (such as in that photo). However, I am giving my obedience to the Holy Father, and allowing him to fix things. I do believe that the Novus Ordo can be, and is in some places, just as beautiful as the Tridentine mass.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 22 2006, 03:53 PM']However, I am giving my obedience to the Holy Father, and allowing him to fix things.  I do believe that the Novus Ordo can be, and is in some places, just as beautiful as the Tridentine mass.
[right][snapback]894986[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amen brother! :D: