An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Mass do you hear?

Resurrexi

Which of these best describes the Mass you usually hear?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ahh, thanks for the clarification!

What if your Church is built facing west, so facing east would be towards the congregation?? :blink:

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 13 2006, 10:40 PM']I dont know what that is.
[right][snapback]886561[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Missa Normativa is the Normative Mass. The Mass of Paul VI. The Missal of 1970. Whatever you call it, it is the normative Mass of the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church. Anything other than that is an indult and permission must be granted in order to celebrate that Mass publicly.

[quote name='morostheos' date='Feb 13 2006, 10:47 PM']ahh, thanks for the clarification!

What if your Church is built facing west, so facing east would be towards the congregation?? :blink:
[right][snapback]886576[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

East is not a geographic locale, but rather an ontological or Liturgical position. When we face Christ in the tabernacle, we are facing the rising Son, ontological East, so it is an ontological position, not a literal one.

I sometimes go a novus ordo with all the 'smells and bells', and sometimes I go to a mass where they even raise their hands at the Great Amen. Yep, they're charasmatics. I've gotta much quieter spirituality myself. I've also attended Eastern rite liturgies.

And the Tridentine is not superior to the Novus Ordo. :)

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 13 2006, 10:49 PM']East is not a geographic locale, but rather an ontological or Liturgical position.  When we face Christ in the tabernacle, we are facing the rising Son, ontological East, so it is an ontological position, not a literal one.
[right][snapback]886582[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That makes a bit more sense!

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 13 2006, 10:50 PM']demmed liberals
[right][snapback]886584[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Pardon me?

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:50 PM']demmed liberals
[right][snapback]886584[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If Cam is a liberal than I'm a schismatic traditionalist.

If you want, you could use the word assist.

I was really weary about it myself, but then I found books from the early part of this century and late part of last century that use it (Sophia Press and Tan), so if you want, it's okay to use over hear. :)

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:52 PM']If Cam is a liberal than I'm a schismatic traditionalist.
[right][snapback]886590[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_roll:

me too :D:

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:55 PM']you admitted it
[right][snapback]886596[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you a troll?

No, I'm being serious, are you?

I know SSPX'ers and though you are trying to act like one, I wonder if you aren't seriously here just to be a pain in the @$$. :cool: But its cool either way. Hopefully you will find the fulness of the faith and be drawn closer to the heart of Christ through the good people here at phatmass.

[quote]If you want, you could use the word assist.[/quote]

I perfer the word "hear," though assist is a great word to use. I say "hear" because I do not participate by saying the responses at any Mass I go to, that is the job for the Altar BOYS (ie not girls). Assist is a good word when you mean praying the Mass with the priest by adoring Christ and following along in your missal with the priest.