An Old School Catholic Message Board

Governor Nobody sneaks up on Hillary?

Lounge Daddy

[quote]HILLARY CLINTON would make an excellent president, according to Meg Hirschberg, whose husband runs a hugely successful organic yoghurt company in New Hampshire: “She’s amazing and brilliant and smart and lovely.”

So that’s a vote for Clinton in 2008, then? Not at all. Hirschberg is thinking of backing Mark Warner, the former governor of Virginia, a likable, low-key, moderate Democrat who won a traditionally Republican state and, by all accounts, ran it competently. At this stage, it is enough of a recommendation.

“I don’t know a thing about him and I don’t care,” Hirschberg said last week as Warner listened to her husband explaining the finer points of organic farming. “I just want somebody with decent values who can win. It’s nothing to do with Hillary personally. It’s irrational and unfair, but she is polarising.”

Hirschberg, 49, has seen one Democratic hopeful after another pass through the Stonyfield yoghurt farm. New Hampshire, the state where the first primaries for the presidential nominations take place, is eagerly courted by White House contenders. With 1,000 days to go before the next presidential election, the parade of candidates has already begun.

Bill Clinton — to whom Warner, as a southern governor, is often compared — toured the same organic company in the early 1990s on the day he was exposed as a Vietnam draft dodger. He lay down in the cooler room, stared at the ceiling pipes and thought his bid for the presidency was over.

Hillary’s campaign has not even officially started, yet some Democrats are already writing off her chances. Husband Bill, the comeback kid, went on to survive a number of near-death experiences and it may be just a blip on her road to the White House. But for the first time she faces a serious rival. [/quote]
[url="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2036146,00.html"]--- from ARTICLE HERE[/url]

Hillary in 2008?
i think yes, and i don't think a "nobody" will get the nomination - esp if that nobody is a moderate...
the NARAL, PP, and MoveOn.org, and Soros that co-opted the Democratic party will be sure of it
and the Dems (unlike the GOP) have controls in place to "guide" the nominating process and not leave it entirely to the voters - such as their "super-delegate" program
Super-Delegates are party chairmen, senators, congressmen - that are entitled the same vote as any elected delegate... but are selected before any primary before any caucus - and do not vote representative to Democrat primary voters ... super-delegates vote for whom they please
Hillary Clinton, and MoveOn.org, the World Workers Party, etc can shower them with campaign money to assure their loyalty

the Democratic primary isn't entirely up to the people, the DNC makes sure of that (a reflection of their liberal policies? They don’t trust we the people to make choices)... Hillary can get the nomination
I would love to see Hillary vs Condi Rice

Mark Warner isn't a nobody. He has a lot of support and has a good chance of getting the nom. He has a lot of support in the primary states and the Dems (both supporters and the party) want to win more then they want a Clinton.

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Feb 12 2006, 01:37 PM']Mark Warner isn't a nobody. He has a lot of support and has a good chance of getting the nom. He has a lot of support in the primary states and the Dems (both supporters and the party) want to win more then they want a Clinton.
[right][snapback]884736[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
maybe a warner / clinton run?
maybe its too early to get hung up on all this... :idontknow:

[quote name='jezic' date='Feb 12 2006, 12:42 PM']i am hoping that we get a "democrat for life" candidate.
[right][snapback]884795[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'd prefer a conservative Republican for life.

[quote name='jezic' date='Feb 12 2006, 12:42 PM']i am hoping that we get a "democrat for life" candidate.
[right][snapback]884795[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, I do know that in Chicago's western suburbs, there is a pro-life Democrat (a Wheaton College professor or something like that) who is running in the Democratic primary to succeed the retiring Congressman Henry Hyde, but newspaper reports indicate that he is pro-contraception.

while that is true Soc, i meant from the democratic party. (to say nothing about the republican contender that i hope will be pro-life among many other things.)

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Feb 12 2006, 01:37 PM']Mark Warner isn't a nobody. He has a lot of support and has a good chance of getting the nom. He has a lot of support in the primary states and the Dems (both supporters and the party) want to win more then they want a Clinton.
[right][snapback]884736[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yeah, speaking as a citizen of Fair Virginia I will say that Governor Warner did an ok job. He is a serious contender for the Presidency. I'd pick him over Hillary if I were a Democrat. Hillary is way too polarizing.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Feb 12 2006, 03:21 AM']I would love to see Hillary vs Condi Rice
[right][snapback]884571[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That'd be grand! :lol: :lol_roll:

[quote name='Tindomiel' date='Feb 14 2006, 11:13 AM']That'd be grand! :lol:  :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]887026[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
awee yaaa
we'de be all like this: :popcorn: right?
it would be quite a show