An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Prophecy

KnightofChrist

[quote]The Kingdom of France is predestined by God for the defense of the Roman Church, which is the only true Church of Christ. This kingdom shall one day be great among the kingdoms of the earth, and shall embrace all the limits of the Roman Empire, and shall submit all other kingdoms to its own sceptre. It shall last until the end of time. It shall be victorious and prosperous as long as it will remain faithful to the Holy roman See, and will not be guilty of those crimes which ruin nations; but will be rudely punished every time it will become unfaithful to its vocation. St. Remigius (535 A.D.)[/quote]
So the French will save us all in the Last Days! :french: :rolleyes:

there have been many end of the world things.

Yes there is a Catholic perspective on it.

I honestly think that we should live like the world is ending tomorrow and so we need to do everything important today. Then if it doesn't end, we have another day to keep working on the important things (like building up the Body of Christ here on earth.)

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Sirklawd' date='Feb 10 2006, 02:15 PM']idunno this is all sorta general stuff. almost like warnings "thing may smell of elderberries if people dont believe!" and so forth. i mean, good advice totally, but nothing concrete at all.
[right][snapback]883170[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I disagree, nostradamus now he wrote "general stuff." Perhaps what these Saints wrote is not completely "concrete" but it is their pretty straight forward. The Great Monarch will come from france he will be the last of his race, he will go to Jerusalem lay down his crown and die at the age of 40. Sounds pretty straight forward.

Nothing like Nostradamus which is completely general non-concrete junk.

[quote]Through fury he will force the fort to hold,
Every heart to tremble. At Longon a terrible arrival:
The kick will become a thousand kicks,
Gironde, Garonne, never more horrible.
[/quote]

The kick will become a thousand kicks? What the hello jello?

To clarify:

1) He could be unknown because of persecution, so the conclave must be secret.

2) unknown also in false popes scenario, maybe he'd be the one evreryone thought wasn't the true pope.

Re: the french monarch spoken of...it does seem unlikely. According to hearsay, he is alive and took part in pilgrimage the past few years.

I like what someone once told me: everyday is the last times.
We just don't know when we shall die.

Cmom!! How-do, magenta-frames lady. Have you read Msgr Hugh Benson's "Lord of the World" re: end times. I bring it up because, like the book you recommended, there is surprising things in it.

For the most part these prophecies are consistant with what the Blessed Virgin told us at Fatima,

[quote name='Sr. Lucia of Fatima - Text of the first part of the Secret']
She [Our Lady of Fatima] opened Her hands once more, as She had done during the two previous months. The rays of light seemed to penetrate the earth, and we saw as it were a sea of fire. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls [of the damned] in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames that issued from within themselves together with great clouds of smoke, now falling back on every side like sparks in huge fires, without weight or equilibrium, amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fear. (It must have been this sight which caused me to cry out, as people say they heard me). The demons could be distinguished [from the souls of the damned] by their terrifying and repellent likeness to frightful and unknown animals, black and transparent like burning coals.1 This vision lasted but an instant. How can we ever be grateful enough to our kind heavenly Mother, Who had already prepared us by promising, in the first apparition, to take us to Heaven. Otherwise, I think we would have died of fear and terror.2[/quote]

[quote name='text of the second part of Secret']
        To save them [poor sinners who are on the road to hell], God wishes to establish in the world devotion to My Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end; but if people do not cease offending God, a worse war will break out during the reign of Pius XI. When you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that this is the great sign given you by God that He is about to punish the world for its crimes, by means of war, famine, and persecutions against the Church and against the Holy Father.

To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays. If My requests are heeded, Russia will be converted and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions against the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated.1

Conclusion to the Whole Secret of Fatima

In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, and she will be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world.[/quote]

[quote name='Text of the third part of the Secret']        After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!’. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it’ a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father’. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels, each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.2[/quote]

Well given that the 3rd secret of Fatima has been interpreted as applying to John Paul II there seem to be a few discrepancies between the visions of, for instance, Pope St Pius X and Sor Lucia. Whilst both agree that the Pope shall flee over bodies and die, the latter of which was prevented by the Our Lady according to John Paul II, the idea that the Pope shall be 'unknown' doesn't seem to find consonance.

As the world bore witness John Paul II inded did die a cruel death but it was not in exile. One could allegorise these sayings of St Pius X and John of the Cleft Rock to make out that John Paul II did flee Rome for globetrotting journeys because his ministry was no longer recognised, that is, he was unknown. But seriously that strikes me as trying to force these words to come together rather than accepting them for what they are.

I mean this talk about the Gaulish monarch helping Rome? :huh: Unless Henri, Comte de Paris, the current claimant a divorcee remarried without the Roman Church suddenly has some kind of shock reversion and reclaims his throne...chance'd be a fine thing! :pigfly:

I seem to remember St Faustina saying she saw an Angel about to strike a large city but when by God she was taught the Chaplet of Mercy he was restrained. Now St Faustina's experience happening after Fatima one could say the Angel Sor Lucia saw was restrained as a result of what the Divine Mercy revelaed later to St Faustina. Likewise what Sor Lucia saw happen to the Pope was again averted by the complete and total consecration of John Paul II to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. My point? There is no guarantee that these prophecies HAVE to come true as the visionaries saw them.

These portents are worst case scenarios that basically say what will come to pass if you dont do a, b, c, d and e. My grasp of it all is that they chart the course of potentialities that will actualise if they something else does not become actuality in the meanwhile. My advice to you all would be indeed to live like tommorow the world might end remembering these words: [quote]And unto whomsoever much is given, of him much shall be required: and to whom they have committed much, of him they will demand the more.--Luke 12:48[/quote]

We live in a world painfully in need of conversions, painfully in need of evangelisation, in need of salvation, in need of faith, hope and love and it falls upon us to execute the New Evangelisation and save the world. Thats what it boils down to phamily. The difference between damnation at the general judgement and salvation rests upon our willingness to work with the grace God has poured out upon us. We've been given far more than one talent so lets work like animals to make sure that when we see that Face He does not have this to say: [quote] And his lord answering, said to him: Wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sow not, and gather where I have not strewed: Thou oughtest therefore to have committed my money to the bankers, and at my coming I should have received my own with usury.  Take ye away therefore the talent from him, and give it to him that hath ten talents. For to every one that hath shall be given, and he shall abound: but from him that hath not, that also which he seemeth to have shall be taken away. And the unprofitable servant cast ye out into the exterior darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 25:26-30[/quote]