An Old School Catholic Message Board

cigarettes/alcohol vs. pot

dairygirl4u2c

Assuming you're in a country where all are legal: which is worse: regularly smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol -or- irregularly smoking pot?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I assume if both are legal, then choosing not to do either would also be legal. Too bad that is not an option listed. I would choose that option.

Pot ruins people....I've smoked it before and I didn't hallucinate, but it was very similar to hallucinating...I started "feeling" music, and felt like I was in water, swimming.

It's different. Period. It just is. IMO alcohol in moderation is fine, smoking cigarettes, whatever. Pot in moderation? There is no such thing.

God the Father

[quote name='crystalheart' date='Feb 10 2006, 06:32 PM']Pot ruins people....
[right][snapback]883397[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've heard accounts of the other substances mentioned ruining people too. I've herad stories about alcohol, and there's no doubt about cigarettes ruining tons of people permanently.

It's just a different thing to me, because I saw it happen to people who were only 14 or 15 years old....they starting smoking pot and now they're dumb as a bag of rocks and they've starting experimenting with other drugs.

One of my former friends started when she was 13 and she has been in the hospital twice for meth overdose. It's so sad, because she's only 17 years old now, she is a shell of her former self. And marijuana started it all.

I guess I've seen that firsthand, so I'm biased. Shoot me. :idontknow:

Edited by crystalheart

It's like comparing theft to rape.

They are both wrong. Don't try to say that one is OK just because it isn't as bad as the other.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='sidemunch88' date='Feb 10 2006, 03:13 PM']DUDE pot is not a hallucinagentic  :blink:

i HAVE smoked pot before (don't send me to hell  :shock: )

and i have never hallucinated before 

how much do you have to smoke to get all that crazy

and if you smoke alot you will eventually pass out  :yawn:
[right][snapback]883255[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dude pot is a hallucinogenic. Please prove otherwise, or dude at least try.

Ever time you smoke(d) you sin(ned) against God.

You did get "High" that would be the hallucinogenic part of pot kicking in Dude.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='sidemunch88' date='Feb 10 2006, 03:15 PM']oh yeah i already went to confession :saint:
[right][snapback]883256[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yet I doubt you ask forgiveness for smoking pot which is a sin agaist God. You dont even think its a sin, and that in itself is another sin. If you dont want to go to hell maybe you should truly confess in confession. You dont want to burn in hell for something as stupid as pot do you, Dude?

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Bottom line: weed smells horrible. No, I was not smoking it. It has a very strong stench that sticks to people's clothes.

infinitelord1

i first smoked pot when i was 11 years old........i first tried acid when i was like 14.........i tried robitussin DM mixed with anti-psychotic pills when i was also 14........all this stuff is not worth it. It does have permenant effects. Marijuana might not have permanent effects i dont really know, but that stuff just drains your energy. Same as acid......that stuff drains the vitamin C out of your body.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Feb 11 2006, 12:41 AM']i first smoked pot when i was 11 years old........i first tried acid when i was like 14.........i tried robitussin DM mixed with anti-psychotic pills when i was also 14........all this stuff is not worth it. [i]It does have permenant effects. [/i]
[/quote]
We can tell.