An Old School Catholic Message Board

money

nowak.chris

Just looking at my finances, and looks like I'll be short for joining the Marians in Aug.

Getting a bit down over it (esp as job and location have killed any social life).

Please Pray for me..

thanks

[quote name='nowak.chris' date='Feb 8 2006, 07:26 PM']Just looking at my finances, and looks like I'll be short for joining the Marians in Aug.

Getting a bit down over it (esp as job and location have killed any social life).

Please Pray for me..

thanks
[right][snapback]881147[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Short for joining them? You have to have a certain amount of money? Have you spoken with your vocation director? Perhaps you could still enter. I know they sometimes make acceptions. . .they, meaning those in religious orders.

LOL And didn't they tell you ? Vocation discernemt often does shorten your 'social life'. I have 'adopted' a seminarian with a program in my diocense. He says with all the studying he's doing at the seminary, he doesn't have a social life either. Take heart! Jesus makes a great 'social buddy'. :D:

You will be in my prayers.

Yours in Christ,

Denise

photosynthesis

try praying a 54-day Rosary Novena! Sister Mary Bethany, my friend from college really wanted to enter the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecelia (Nashville Dominicans) in August, but she had about $30,000 worth of student loans to pay off in less than a year. She prayed the 54-day Rosary Novena and her loans were paid in full by the time she wanted to enter.

Also, do you have a Laboure Foundation account? It is a fund for people who want to enter religious life but have financial problems. [url="http://www.labourefoundation.org/"]http://www.labourefoundation.org/[/url]

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 13 2006, 07:24 AM']try praying a 54-day Rosary Novena!  Sister Mary Bethany, my friend from college really wanted to enter the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecelia (Nashville Dominicans) in August, but she had about $30,000 worth of student loans to pay off in less than a year.  She prayed the 54-day Rosary Novena and her loans were paid in full by the time she wanted to enter.

Also, do you have a Laboure Foundation account?  It is a fund for people who want to enter religious life but have financial problems.  [url="http://www.labourefoundation.org/"]http://www.labourefoundation.org/[/url]
[right][snapback]885679[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow, that's fabulous! I didn't pray a novena, I just started praying in earnest before Jesus in our Perpetual Adoration Chapel. . .and started giving more in our collection, believing if I gave to God, not from my surplus but also from my need, He would reward me. That was last April. By the end of October, I had paid off all 40K of my debt. Praise be Jesus Christ!

• 4 weeks later...
Daughter_Fatima

[quote name='nowak.chris' date='Feb 8 2006, 10:26 PM']

(esp as job and location have killed any social life).

[right][snapback]881147[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You mean having theological discussions with your little sister isn't a social life. :lol_roll:
I'll keep praying for you.

nowak.chris

update:

Praise God for His many blessings!!!

I should have the money for applying, now just school money to worry about!

Praise God! Continued prayers for you.

One of my friends who is entering the Srs. of Life was going to apply to the Laboure Foundation for a while...amongst other things, you have to write up your "vocation story" and have support of your enterance from whatever community (I think).

[quote name='magnificat' date='Mar 10 2006, 07:05 AM']Praise God!  Continued prayers for you.

One of my friends who is entering the Srs. of Life was going to apply to the Laboure Foundation for a while...amongst other things, you have to write up your "vocation story" and have support of your enterance from whatever community (I think).
[right][snapback]907920[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Those sound like very reasonable requirements to me. What they are doing is great.

I'm glad for you Chris. Where are you joining the Marians? I have a friend, Brother Ron, who joined them a few years ago. He's very happy. He is an older gentleman with grown children and seeing him in a cassock all of the sudden was a bit shocking having known him for so long as a civilian. Looking at him though you would never guess that he wasn't a life long Marian.