An Old School Catholic Message Board

Comic Book Heroes

Socrates

Who's the greatest comic book hero of all time?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Feb 10 2006, 02:06 PM']Pray tell what exactly is aquaman getting ready to do in that picture?

And if he is aqua man... where's the flippin' water?
[right][snapback]883009[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
and where's his right arm?

For Black History month, our library had a display about various black comic book superheros. I didn't know they had Muhamahed Ali fight Superman, that was bizarre. I wanted to read that one.

They had Steel, Captain Marvel, the Green Lantern series, Fat Albert, Mod Squad, Room 222, Storm, Bishop series from the X-Men, Fast Willie Jackson, Black Panther, and on and on. Man oh man the history.

Hey!!!

Do NOT mock Aquaman!

He is preparing to dive into the ocean, probably about to save the earth.

And he doesn't even NEED his right arm to do it.

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Feb 11 2006, 12:10 PM']Do  NOT mock Aquaman!

He is preparing to dive into the ocean, probably about to save the earth.

And he doesn't even NEED his right arm to do it.
[right][snapback]883860[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That man's mercury levels must be off the chart.
....does Aquaman eat fish?

In the 80's Green Lantern was definitely white. At least the action figures of him where. I know in recent times he is black, but they made this whole green lantern fraternity and there where many Green Lanterns. whatever... I liked him because he was green, and I liked green.

Green Lantern used to be Hal Jordan, who was white. Then, some town got destroyed along with everything Jordan loved and he went looney tunes, used his ring powers illegally and got shut down. As in killed. So they needed a new GL for Earth. And the new guy got the job. I can't remember his name.

thank you wiki...John Stewart.

Go track down the X-men transition series entitled "Holy War"
Kurt's no longer a priest... it was all "just a mind-contol-induced-dream-while-in-rality-he-was-actually-killing-fellow-mutants"

Spiderman has more angst in his shirt pocket than Batman has in the whole batcave.
Spiderman is poor, mutated and has had every woman he loved die. (except MJ... but I think she left him)
Batman is rich, ninja-skilled, and... I don't know about his love life...

Both of them lost their fathers to violent crimes, but Spiderman it was his fault. (I'm counting Uncle Ben as Peter's father... he raised him)