An Old School Catholic Message Board

Comic Book Heroes

Socrates

Who's the greatest comic book hero of all time?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Feb 9 2006, 11:39 AM']I feel young because I have no idea who captain Marvel is!

I like this poll.
[right][snapback]881433[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm 19 and I know Captain Marvel. You people, you're not fans, you dont...you DONT HAVE LOVE FOR MARVEL *pants, pants*

EXCELSIOR!!

I cannot in good conscience participate in a superhero poll that doesn't include

the Green Arrow & Black Canary
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/Cow_of_Shame/noto-greenandblack.jpg[/img]

or the Submariner
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/Cow_of_Shame/Submariner.gif[/img]

i almost said that about Mr.Canoe-Haed... but then I figured ihe is not really a cartoon hero, so I let it pass:

[img]http://www.thefrantics.com/site/Frantics_32/images/content/Fran_087-Canoe-behind-scene.jpg[/img]

I wish I had a better picture of him. He is a master of disguise you know.

Aquaman. I remember Dave Chapell did a joke about that.

Aquaman: Hey there fish!!

Fish: Hey Aquaman!!!

Aquaman: Have you seen anything out of the ordinary today?

Fish: ...............Hey Aquaman!!

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Feb 8 2006, 11:57 PM']batman is leading ?      ...  bah!
the question wasnt "who had the most failed movie franchise named after them...
sure the last BatMan started the story over and is, according to some people "the good one" 
ok... so it took a handfull of batman movies to get it right?
the Superman thing was milked to death also - and they'll do it again
these people are the "flavor of the day" superheroes
..meanwhile wolverine and others have had a following all the while - and with no commercial prodding (untill recently in Wolverine's case)

more commercial exposure doesnt = the greatest

i voted wolverine
but capt. marvel was the cool dude in his day - shazam! so its cool he is an option, thanx!

i second with Spiderman ... because i also dig a hero who doesnt go about life with a chip on his shoulder
on that note - The Phantom (aka "ghost who walks") is #3 on my list  :cool:
[right][snapback]881387[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Batman's greatness as a character really has nothing to do with the movie franchise. Batman was around long before the movie franchise thing started, and managed to survive a number of bad movies about him.
Batman and Superman are the only comic-book heroes who have been in continuous publication for over 66 years! (Thus, Batman can hardly be called a "flavor of the day" hero!)

Though, he couldn't really be called the most heroic, I also like Wolverine - he's a kinda guy I can identify with.

Captain Marvel was my dad's favorite superhero when he was a kid. They've tried to revive him a number of times, but the good stuff was by the original artist in the 40s and early 50s - a whimsical, witty tongue-in-cheek comic.

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Feb 9 2006, 10:41 AM']I cannot in good conscience participate in a superhero poll that doesn't include

the Green Arrow & Black Canary

[right][snapback]881583[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
did you ever read the Green Arrow/Green Lantern books? where they were a team?

P-R-E-A-C-H-Y...

"don't do heroin, kids, or you'll wind up like those crooks! Eh Speedy?"

And of course Speedy is secretly addicted to heroin because Green Arrow has been spending too much time with Canary and GL.

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Feb 10 2006, 12:10 AM']did you ever read the Green Arrow/Green Lantern books?  where they were a team? 
[/quote]
No. ...didn't the Green Lantern used to be white? I could have sworn they've made him black in the newer cartoons on tv...

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Feb 9 2006, 05:00 PM']Hands down:
AQUAMAN

[img]http://www.vegalleries.com/filmationopc/60aquaman02.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]882193[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Pray tell what exactly is aquaman getting ready to do in that picture?

And if he is aqua man... where's the flippin' water?