An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgy of the Hours

srmarymichael

srmarymichael

Anyone know what website has the Liturgy of the Hours online so that you can print it out in booklet form????

I found one site, but there's a subscription fee!

:idontknow:

franciscanheart

Many people have asked... and I'm afraid I have been unable to find another site like it! That same site was the one we used to use as well. We are all quite disappointed that a fee has been established.

Laurentina1975

[url="http://www.liturgyhours.org/"]This site gives you the daily ones.[/url]

That's the only one I know of. If you are looking to buy them, try Amazon or ebay.

God Bless Sister!
Lauren :D:

DeoOptimoMaximo

not sure, keep searching under google
I would suggest obtaining/ purchasing a breviary. A Sr. Trinita gave me an extra old copy! Praise God!

[url="http://www.universalis.com"]Universalis[/url]

It doesn't have the readings for each Hour, and some other stuff. I haven't used it since I bought the book, so yea. Good luck with it.

Edited by memtherose

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Feb 8 2006, 02:13 PM']Many people have asked... and I'm afraid I have been unable to find another site like it! That same site was the one we used to use as well. We are all quite disappointed that a fee has been established.
[right][snapback]880591[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yike! When did they start charging? Those booklets were really cool.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Feb 8 2006, 12:47 PM']Anyone know what website has the Liturgy of the Hours online so that you can print it out in booklet form????

I found one site, but there's a subscription fee!

:idontknow:
[right][snapback]880551[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Liturgy is awesome.

The Divine Office is sooo coool, I prefer vespers and compline, but a site. I dunno of.

lol

:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Feb 8 2006, 03:10 PM']The Liturgy is awesome.

The Divine Office is sooo coool, I prefer vespers and compline, but a site. I dunno of.

lol

:lol_roll:  :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]880793[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Agreed.

I like Vespers with the community.

I like Compline alone just before bed.

What nerds we are talking about our favorite hour.

SHALOM

I'm a nerd!

My favourite Hour is Matins - or the Office of readings.

But, in community, everything!! I also really like Morning Prayers, Lauds....!!!

By myself - Compline. It's so restful...

Save us Lord, while we are awake, protect us while we sleep, that we may keep watch with Christ, and rest with Him, in peace.....

srmarymichael

liturgyhours.org is the one that is charging now. Ouch.

I have my own book -- we need it in book form for a big group of Sisters that is gathering on Sunday.

Thanks for your help! I'll use the Universalis one.

Edited by srmarymichael

I don't know of any sites for the liturgy of the hours, but I second what others have said to do a google search. My favorite hours are compline, lauds and Matins (I just love the office of readings and most especially at the poor clares where they still get up in the middle of the night to pray it, there's nothing like praying at night!)

Edited by TeresaAvila

• 3 months later...

Sr. Mary Michael, I know this thread is a few months old, but have you tried this free (LEGAL!) website: [b][url="http://www.ebreviary.com"]www.ebreviary.com[/url][/b]

[quote name='shortnun' post='992959' date='May 30 2006, 01:00 PM']
Sr. Mary Michael, I know this thread is a few months old, but have you tried this free (LEGAL!) website: [b][url="http://www.ebreviary.com"]www.ebreviary.com[/url][/b]
[/quote]
This is the same site as www.liturgyhours.org. Unfortunately it is no longer free. It costs $49.95 per year now. Universalis.com, while not complete, is the only free service that I'm aware of.