An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Names

ForHimAlone

franciscanheart

[quote name='mariology21' date='Feb 9 2006, 06:06 PM']If my vocation was to become a Religious Sister I'd like my name to be Sister Marie-Therese after our Blessed Mother who is the one who "grabbed" me a long time ago for Her Son and St. Therese whom I have a huge devotion to.

But alas my vocation is to be married so my first little girl will be name Marie-Therese instead! Especially since about two years ago I "gave" my vocation to both our Lady and St. Therese and asked them to please guide me to whichever vocation our Lord had chosen for me. So they did! They showed me that I'm to be married and be the mother to lots of Catholic babies!! So to honor them and in thanksgiving for showing me my way that's the name of my first girl!

~Jen
[right][snapback]882199[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
beautiful :love:

brandelynmarie

Okay, I would like either Sister Mary Magdalene or Sister Maria Francesca (after Saint Francis, of course) or Sister Mary Trinity..This is fun! Brandelyn

Do y'all know of names that express devotion to the Eucharist?

On an episode of House they had a character named Sr. Eucharist, but I've never heard of a name like that before in real life...

• 8 months later...
franciscanheart

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='880093' date='Feb 8 2006, 10:09 AM']
Marie Thomas - for the blessed mother and my favorite saint, Thomas Aquinas
[/quote]
Here it is. :love:

I will join the Monastery of the contemplative Birgittine Sisters in Alotomünster (germnay) next april and because of that i am seriously thinking about my religios name! my favourite name at the moment is:

1. Sister Marie-Terese of the blessed Sacrament (because of our holy Mother Mary and saint Therese of Lisieux how is the patroness of my vocation)

(Sorry my english is not very good i hope you will understoot what write) :)

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='AVE_MARIA' post='1119754' date='Nov 14 2006, 01:02 PM']
I will join the Monastery of the contemplative Birgittine Sisters in Alotomünster (germnay) next april and because of that i am seriously thinking about my religios name! my favourite name at the moment is:

1. Sister Marie-Terese of the blessed Sacrament (because of our holy Mother Mary and saint Therese of Lisieux how is the patroness of my vocation)
(Sorry my english is not very good i hope you will understoot what write) :)
[/quote]
:welcome: it is wonderful to have you here! Your english is wonderful (tons better then my German would be :blush:) Congradulations on your entering the convent, and that name is beautiful!

My first choice right now is Sr. Maria Guadalupe. Maria for The Blessed Mother and St. Mary Magdaline, who showed that Christ is always ready to forgive and welcome you back no matter what you have done. Guadalupe is also for the Blessed Mother, who appeared in Mexico, her appiration showed that her son cared not only for the rich and the well-bred, but the poor, ignorent and outcast as well. Plus I think it has a nice ring to it.

I cant imagine in some of the old orders where there were thousands of nuns how hard picking a name would be. They would either be all taken or you would share a name with 3 or 4 other people!

I posted this is the other religious name forum but I will post it again here :D:

I have been thinking lots about this!! I originally wanted something with Augustine because he is my patron or something with Faustina or John Paul/Karol because they are the two saints (saint to be for our dear papa) that are dearest to me. Seeing as those are all taken at SMME I have been praying about it and this is what came to me.......

Sr. Helena Raphael!!

I know that Raphael has to be part of it...means God has healed and I was healed of cancer and Helena because of the most special person in my life that recently passed away. Anytime I think of what it means to be a true Christian or WWJD I think of Helene. I know we usually take our names after saints but I just know she is in heaven which makes her a saint and so God willing my name will be Sr Helena Raphael

brandelynmarie

Okay, this is neat to revisit this months later...I still love Sister Mary Magdalene of the Merciful Heart of Jesus...But I also like Sister Marie Therese....:blush:

Hi,

This is my "secret choice."

Sr. Maria Baptista of the Beloved Son. To always remember that "He must increase and I must decrease."

But I think Mother chooses a name and title which shows how a sister is to live her vocation/mission.

Pia

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1119962' date='Nov 14 2006, 10:38 PM']
:welcome: it is wonderful to have you here! Your english is wonderful (tons better then my German would be :blush:) Congradulations on your entering the convent, and that name is beautiful!

(....)

I cant imagine in some of the old orders where there were thousands of nuns how hard picking a name would be. They would either be all taken or you would share a name with 3 or 4 other people!
[/quote]

Thanks for your nice welcome! It's great to talk about my vacation to others. Your name is grate! I love Mary of Guadalupe!
The old order of saint bridget has in germany only one convent! And there are only 5 sisters at the moment (i hope that would be better shortly ^_^ ) ande because of that you can choos much names! But I think if you become not "your" favourite name is ok too. You must only think that this is gods will!

Incarnate Word Postulant

I chose Mary in honor of Mary, the Mother of God and of Mary Magdalene, the two women who stayed with Jesus until the end.

I chose to keep my name partly because of its meaning and partly because my dad chose it with such love. He suffered a lot while in Germany. He told me one day: "I found your name (while there), wrote in in a piece of paper, put it in my pocket and then it traveled through the seas with me until we both arrived to find the most beautiful baby who needed a beautiful name." Helga, by the way, means holy or consecrated. My old name was Helga Lizbeth. Lizbeth, from Elizabeth means, "the one who loves God" so, I could have kept both...but I wanted a new name that would signify my new life. And I have a great patroness since I entered the novitiate on September 12, the memorial of the most Holy Name of Mary...

Sr. Mary Helga

P.S
Is there a way to change your screen name?
And, how do you get the graphics with your signatures????