An Old School Catholic Message Board

STUPID: KING FUNERAL TURNS POLITICAL: BUSH BASHED

Lounge Daddy

[url="http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm"]from article HERE[/url]
[quote] The outspoken Rev. Joseph Lowery, co-founder of Southern Christian Leadership Conference, ripped into President Bush during his short speech, ostensibly about the wife of Martin Luther King Jr.
"She extended Martin's message against poverty, racism and war. She deplored the terror inflicted by our smart bombs on missions way afar. We know now that there were no weapons of mass destruction over there," Lowery said.
The mostly black crowd applauded, then rose to its feet and cheered in a two-minute-long standing ovation.
A closed-circuit television in the mega-church outside Atlanta showed the president smiling uncomfortably.

"But Coretta knew, and we know," Lowery continued, "That there are weapons of misdirection right down here," he said, nodding his head toward the row of presidents past and present. "For war, billions more, but no more for the poor!" The crowd again cheered wildly.

Former President Jimmy Carter later swung at Bush as well, not once but twice...[/quote]

im sorry but these people are pathetic, and seem to have no shame - and obsessed with thier political agenda
these are the same people that "honor" Martin Luther King on his national holliday by claiming God wants Louisianna to be a "chocolate city" and telling an audience that congress is run like a cotton farm, however Hillery Clinton put it

they are so friggin blinded by thier selfishness that they forget (or refuse to understand) that Martin King spoke out against the racial barriers that these jerks are using to further push thier personal agendas.

Martin King asked that his children "not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Martin King inspired...
These liberal race-baiters only piss me off

Didn't we see this happen in MN right before the last senate election? I do not understand why you attack another at a funeral? I thought that it was supposed to be a celebration of a life well lived here and hopefully continuing in the presence of the Lord. I just don't understand this. If you can't say something nice...

Just curious: Did Coretta share similar views of the war?

Generally, I would say without a doubt that a funeral is no place for politics. But, this is a woman who stood for something big. If her family was comfortable with this, that's their business.

If the family wasn't happy with this, I agree, it's shameless.

MLK was an adulterer, womanizer, supporter of planned parenthood, supporter of fornication, and a communist. He was truly evil

Ash Wednesday

[url="http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/birthcontrol/pub-martin-luther-king.xml"]http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/porta...luther-king.xml[/url]

Well, MLK wasn't a saint -- though I think he did some important things. I do get tired of people "sainting" him. I didn't know that King was in a tight alliance with Planned Parenthood and Sanger. That is a disappointment.

It is tacky to politicize a funeral. Can you imagine if Reagan's funeral had any pro-Republican elements in it? The left would be crapping bricks.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:15 PM']MLK was an adulterer, womanizer, supporter of planned parenthood, supporter of fornication, and a communist. He was truly evil
[right][snapback]879530[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you for this informative, charitable, citation laded, erudite comment.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:15 PM']MLK was an adulterer, womanizer, supporter of planned parenthood, supporter of fornication, and a communist. He was truly evil
[/quote]
Oooh, it's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to enjoy some soul bile.

Mmmmm. Yummy.

[/quote]

[url="http://www.drbo.org/chapter/50008.htm"]John 8:3-11[/url]

That is all.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 07:15 PM']MLK was an adulterer, womanizer, supporter of planned parenthood, supporter of fornication, and a communist. He was truly evil
[/quote]

He was also an admirer of the real St. Thomas Moore

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Mercy me' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:44 PM']Didn't we see this happen in MN right before the last senate election? [right][snapback]879408[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Don't remind me... :ohno:

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:57 PM'][url="http://www.drbo.org/chapter/50008.htm"]John 8:3-11[/url]

That is all.
[right][snapback]879625[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well said!

and the Douay-Rheims too...

[quote]He was also an admirer of the real St. Thomas Moore[/quote]

OMGOSH! :maddest: You do not spell his name "Moore"! It is "More"! That is how he spelled it! People who spell it "Moore" do not know enough about the Saint!

[quote]and the Douay-Rheims too... [/quote]

Yes, I agree, the Douay-Rheims is SOOO much better than that stupid New American Bible!

Edited by StThomasMore

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 09:20 PM']OMGOSH!  :maddest: You do not spell his name "Moore"! It is "More"! That is how he spelled it! People who spell it "Moore" do not know enough about the Saint!

[right][snapback]879676[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

More is the Ango version. Moore is the International spelling. And is that your best comeback?