An Old School Catholic Message Board

smoking marijuana

dairygirl4u2c

Should marijuana fall within the grouping of "drugs", which are immoral to partake of, within the CC?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what constitutes a drug here Lil Red? Alcohol? CAffeine? oh shinobi i cannot have my morning coffee because it is a drug and therefore a mortal sin. :lol: Oh and no more smoking ppl, those who smoke are GOING TO HELL because it is a drug and harms your health :lol_pound:

now i don't think your supposed to make fun of people either. ^^

As for the question, um don't smoke period. THen you don't have to worry about whether it is sinful or not.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:38 PM']Yeah, I'm always sure to exercise moderation when shootin' up heroin and snorting crack!
[right][snapback]879710[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

the question has nothing to do with heroin or crack socrates. I believe dairygirl said marijiuana which is not nearly as dangerous as the aforementioned.

[quote name='jezic' date='Feb 7 2006, 09:43 PM']now i don't think your supposed to make fun of people either. ^^

As for the question, um don't smoke period. THen you don't have to worry about whether it is sinful or not.
[right][snapback]879805[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was making fun of her response because she fails to classify which drugs we can take and which we cannot. the CCC doesn't mention marijuana in that passage does it.where is the line drawn?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:36 PM']you listen up, dude!  :maddest: noone goes dissin' my peeps! and limbo and people who dislike MLK are my peeps! you got it?????  :maddest:
[right][snapback]879706[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You still have fail to prove limbo exist, and maybe MLK had some bad things about him but he had much more good things about him. After all, MLK was shot by ppl who greatly disliked him... I'll kick your Peeps with my Ninja Ku-Fu! :ninja:

:smokey: And doing drugs makes ppl stupid and LOSERS!!!! :prop: :dunce:

PadreSantiago

no one has ever died from smoking marijuana, god put this on earth for us to smoke! Now go look up booze related deaths per year and tell me which is the greater sin.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:36 PM']you listen up, dude!  :maddest: noone goes dissin' my peeps! and limbo and people who dislike MLK are my peeps! you got it?????  :maddest:
[right][snapback]879706[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"limbo" is your peep? You can [i]do[/i] that?
Well, I trump your limbo peep with my macarena peep.

And while I applaud your all-encompassing love that includes bigots, racists & killers, I just don't think this guy would ever like being called your 'peep'
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/Cow_of_Shame/jer.jpg[/img]

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I say applaud? Yeah...kinda meant 'mock'.

Why, I believe I [i]will[/i] be a 'dissin who I wants.

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:07 PM']I believe no drug is sinful to use it is used in moderation. Smoking marajuna is not sinful in itself just like drinking is not sinful in itself.
[right][snapback]879522[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Bro,

That is why we have the Church, because our beliefs can lead us down the wrong path.

It is a sin.

[quote][b]2291 [/b]
The use of drugs [b]inflicts very grave damage [/b]on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. [u][b]They constitute direct co-operation in evil,[/b][/u] since they encourage people to practices [b]gravely contrary to the moral law[/b].[/quote]

Topic based look up in the Catechism for those who want to know the faith...

[url="http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/a.htm"]http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/a.htm[/url]

I am currious why dairy keeps putting these polls out here. The Catholic teachings are not a democracy.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Feb 8 2006, 01:00 AM']no one has ever died from smoking marijuana, god put this on earth for us to smoke!  Now go look up booze related deaths per year and tell me which is the greater sin.
[right][snapback]879887[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Marijuana is a greater sin than getting drunk. Getting drunk is not illegal. Still a sin, but not illegal. Therefore marijuana is a sin on two points, instead of just one like getting drunk. You can have a few drinks and not be drunk. One toke and the sin is in.

There are something like 429 carcinogenics in marijuana. People have died from smoking it. People get in car accidents from smoking it.

Inhaling any kind of smoke into our lungs does serious damage. People die from smoke inhailation, therefore it's a bad idea to put it in our lungs willfully.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='smeagol' date='Feb 8 2006, 01:22 AM']who are we to say if people who toke up are sinning ?!

only on the right wing can smoking weed be more "immoral" than waging war.
[right][snapback]879916[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Chortle chortle chortle

Your feeble attempts amuse me.

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Feb 7 2006, 11:53 PM']Chortle chortle chortle

Your feeble attempts amuse me.
[right][snapback]879937[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thanks for the mockery. how about a response with some actual meaning next time?

(your feeble attempt to refute my contentions amuses me as well) :D:

There are plenty of other threads dedicated to conservative-bashing.

It's amazing how people with myopic views can make such sweeping statements.

[quote name='smeagol' date='Feb 8 2006, 02:21 AM']you still have yet to explain how smoking weed is worse than waging a war.
[right][snapback]879952[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
you have yet to show me where I ever said that