An Old School Catholic Message Board

smoking marijuana

dairygirl4u2c

Should marijuana fall within the grouping of "drugs", which are immoral to partake of, within the CC?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

ty

edit:
that's supposed to end: "within the CC"

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Alcohol can be drunk in moderation, therefore avoiding the prohibition on drunkedness. If the same can be said of marijuana then I would submit that it is not sinful. I don't think, however, that it is possible to smoke/eat marijuana and not become 'drunk'.

Thy Geekdom Come

"Should marijuana fall within the grouping of "drugs", which are immoral to partake of, within the CC?"

The laws of morality do not differ inside and outside the Catholic Church.

I believe no drug is sinful to use it is used in moderation. Smoking marajuna is not sinful in itself just like drinking is not sinful in itself.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:05 PM']Marijuana will definetly make you eat more cookies
[right][snapback]879297[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
...which are now illegal! It's all a giant conspiracy!

I bet the Cheetos corporation put you up to this

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:07 PM']I believe no drug is sinful to use it is used in moderation. Smoking marajuna is not sinful in itself just like drinking is not sinful in itself.
[right][snapback]879522[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
...this from the guy who believes unborn babies can go to hell & thinks Martin Luther King Jr. is EEEEVIIIILLL?

[quote]...this from the guy who believes unborn babies can go to hell & thinks Martin Luther King Jr. is EEEEVIIIILLL? [/quote]

you listen up, dude! :maddest: noone goes dissin' my peeps! and limbo and people who dislike MLK are my peeps! you got it????? :maddest:

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:07 PM']I believe no drug is sinful to use it is used in moderation. Smoking marajuna is not sinful in itself just like drinking is not sinful in itself.
[/quote]
Yeah, I'm always sure to exercise moderation when shootin' up heroin and snorting crack!

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Feb 7 2006, 07:53 PM']...this from the guy who believes unborn babies can go to hell & thinks Martin Luther King Jr. is EEEEVIIIILLL?[right][snapback]879620[/snapback][/right][/quote]
darnit, CoS, why do you have to beat me with all the good responses! :( <_<

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:36 PM']you listen up, dude!  :maddest: noone goes dissin' my peeps! and limbo and people who dislike MLK are my peeps! you got it?????  :maddest:[right][snapback]879706[/snapback][/right][/quote]
uh-huh, yeah sure, okay then :rolleyes:

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:38 PM']Yeah, I'm always sure to exercise moderation when shootin' up heroin and snorting crack![right][snapback]879710[/snapback][/right][/quote] :lol_roll:

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:07 PM']I believe no drug is sinful to use it is used in moderation. Smoking marajuna is not sinful in itself just like drinking is not sinful in itself.
[/quote]
CCC #2291: [i]The use of drugs inflicts very grave damage on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. They constitute direct co-operation in evil, since they encourage people to practices gravely contrary to the moral law.[/i]

grave offense = mortal sin