An Old School Catholic Message Board

Democratic Ticket for 2008

Brother Adam

If Hillary Clinton runs for President in 2008...  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='she_who_is_not' date='Feb 6 2006, 07:57 PM']I think it will be important to see who runs in the primaries [i]and[/i] who runs for the Republicans. I'm not inclined to vote for Sen. Clinton but honestly with mid-term elections coming up and the Rep.'s experiencing some stress we could be in for an interesting election in 2008. I think it would be nice after 3 terms of Bush and two of Clinton to have some fresh blood in the White House. Maybe both parties can shape up and give us some candidates who have both virtue and backbone. Let's all pray for Godly candidates.
Peace and Blessings,
Amanda
[right][snapback]877767[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
3 terms of Bush? Are you counting the two as one person?

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Feb 6 2006, 07:04 PM']Is it confirmed that Condi might be running for president in 2008 or is that just a wild rumor?
[right][snapback]877781[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, she has not confirmed.

I wouldn't vote for her either. She is pro-choice all the way.

she_who_is_not

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 6 2006, 06:03 PM']3 terms of Bush?  Are you counting the two as one person?
[right][snapback]877780[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, we've had a Bush, a Clinton, a Bush again, and then another Clinton? I doubt she would win but really isn't it time to break the cycle ? :yawn:
Hey if she does run and win we would have to get Jeb in to run in 2012 and then by the time his terms are finished, Chelsea would be old enough to run.
PS, I really am taking this issue seriously.

I would never vote Dem, but I voted no (surprise, surprise!)

While for years, people on the Right have been acting all upset about the possibility of Hillary becoming Pres, I actually think that is wishful thinking.

I'm sure she wants to run, but Idon't think the Dems will nominate her. Despite all her recent "moderate" noises, and "softening" of her public image, she still way too divisive, and a lot us aren't fooled.

I think the Dems will run a bland, "moderate" candidate, someone who will generate the least controversy, and whose only distinction will be lack of association with Bush and the Republicans.

I'm generally not too excited about any of the likely candidates of either party right now. Politics are really depressing me these days.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 6 2006, 07:01 PM']I think the Dems will run a bland, "moderate" candidate, someone who will generate the least controversy, and whose only  distinction will be lack of association with Bush and the Republicans.

I'm generally not too excited about any of the likely candidates of either party right now.  Politics are really depressing me these days.
[right][snapback]877866[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Same here. :(

I don't know about Dems running a moderate, though. Primaries are weird. Their base is so radical, and a lot of "moderates" don't even vote in the primary.

I wish there was a better process for picking candidates.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 6 2006, 09:01 PM']I would never vote Dem, but I voted no (surprise, surprise!)

While for years, people on the Right have been acting all upset about the possibility of Hillary becoming Pres, I actually think that is wishful thinking.

I'm sure she wants to run, but Idon't think the Dems will nominate her.  Despite all her recent "moderate" noises, and "softening" of her public image, she still way too divisive, and a lot us aren't fooled.

I think the Dems will run a bland, "moderate" candidate, someone who will generate the least controversy, and whose only  distinction will be lack of association with Bush and the Republicans.

I'm generally not too excited about any of the likely candidates of either party right now.  Politics are really depressing me these days.
[right][snapback]877866[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If the Dems are smart that's what they'll do. In fact, if they are deserving of their Ivy league degrees they'll run a pro-life guy, change their platform, and win back a lot of Catholics and working men.

That said, they got nobody at present. The most moderate guy I think they could run is our boy Mark Warner. Yay Virginia. I still wouldn't vote for him.