An Old School Catholic Message Board

STILLBORN BABIES?!

Krush2k2

[quote]Well, I have no doubt they go to heaven. God's mercy would not allow a innocent aborted child to go to hell, theres no way, and there is no Limbo. Perhaps Purgatory... but I doubt it. Ethier way in the end their in heaven.[/quote]
There is NO OFFOCIAL TEACHING THAT SAYS LIMBO DOES NOT EXIST! ABORTED BABIES RECIEVE NO BAPTISM OF BLOOD!

[quote]STM by any chance do you celebrate Tridentine Mass?[/quote]
I assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass contained in the 1962 Missal offered by the indult of His Excellency Michael O. Jackels, Bishop of Wichita.

[quote]Technically, since the Baltimore Catechism denies Limbo as existent, then it too is heretical.[/quote]
It does not say limbo doesn't exist! I gave you a quote earlier!

[quote]Not any dogmas there, but that doesn't mean nothing in the council was infallible.[/quote]
The Second Ecumenical Council of the Vatican was a Pastoral Council and was in no way infallable.

[quote] I believe in the mercy of God and His tenderness towards children and therefore do not believe He would deny His vision to children.[/quote]
Most babies do not recieve a Baptism of Desire

StThomasMore,

[quote]There is NO OFFOCIAL TEACHING THAT SAYS LIMBO DOES NOT EXIST! ABORTED BABIES RECIEVE NO BAPTISM OF BLOOD! [/quote]

And there is no official teaching that says Limbo does exist. Please don't yell on here. It's not good for your health...

First, just because Vatican II was pastoral doesn't mean it wasn't infallible in any way. It did not set out to define dogmas, but only a simple person (normally left-wing liberals) say that only defined dogma is infallible.

Did you see my quote from the Baltimore Catechism? It said that there probably isn't a Limbus Infatium, but if it is, that is where unbaptized babies would go.

[quote]Limbo
is not the same as Purgatory. [b]It does not exist now,[/b] or, if it does, is
only for little children who have never committed actual sin and who
have died without Baptism.[/quote]

It said it does not exist now, but if it did, then it would be Limbus Infantium. Rather, it probably doesn't exist. The quote you gave is from level three, I think...maybe it's level four. I know what it says, and it's actually explaining about what Limbo would be, [i]if it existed[/i], which it probably doesn't.

[quote]I assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass contained in the 1962 Missal offered by the indult of His Excellency Michael O. Jackels, Bishop of Wichita.[/quote]

I'm happy he has done this. :) My experience in the diocese hasn't always been that great. :(

[quote]Most babies do not recieve a Baptism of Desire[/quote]

Since this is probably the case, your answer for the original question probably cannot be said with such certainty that you gave it. :)

KnightofChrist

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 4 2006, 03:58 PM']There is NO OFFOCIAL TEACHING THAT SAYS LIMBO DOES NOT EXIST! ABORTED BABIES RECIEVE NO BAPTISM OF BLOOD!
[right][snapback]875844[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There is also no official Church teaching that says Oz, or wonderland do not exist. You have still yet to prove that Limbo exist.

[quote]There is also no official Church teaching that says Oz, or wonderland do not exist. You have still yet to prove that Limbo exist. [/quote]

The Church has supported Limbo in the past

[quote]St.ThomasMore is [mod]don't go there[/mod][/quote]
you're blah!

Edited by homeschoolmom

The Church didn't officially grant it as doctrine. many people believed in Limbo because many babies were stillborn or died before they could be baptized and their parents feared for their souls since they believed their babies wouldn't be able to go to Heaven. They decided to believe in Limbo.

[quote]The Church didn't officially grant it as doctrine. many people believed in Limbo because many babies were stillborn or died before they could be baptized and their parents feared for their souls since they believed their babies wouldn't be able to go to Heaven. They decided to believe in Limbo. [/quote]

They didnt just "decide" to believe in limbo! The Church supported Limbo! If you say limbo dosent exist, then you are saying that all those who die, deprived of any of the three types of baptism, burn in Hell.

I am not saying that anyone who didn't get to be baptized is in Hell, nor would i ever say that :( Please don't put words in my mouth, I believe that people can receive baptism of blood or baptism of desire if they are at the age of reason and I also believe in the mersy of God and His tenderness towards children and pray for those babies who have been aborted. Who says God wouldn't let them in Heaven? And Limbo isn't infallible, it was a theological hypothesis, and it origniated in the Middle Ages during a time where there were many poor, uneducated people who had fears for the souls of their deceased children who never got to be baptized. People weren't encouraged to believe in it, they just had a choice to accept it or not and many people did.

Well, I believe that all who are not baptized by water, blood, or desire cannot go to heaven. I believe those who committed no personal sin go to limbo. I believe that those who are not baptized by water, blood, or desire and committed personal sin burn in Hell. I could say that all those who were not baptized and committed no personal sin burned in hell, but I do not think God would allow that.

Why don't we all just leave this to God? BTW, a seven year old is old enough to commit personal sin. If a seven year old died w/out baptism, do you think they would burn in Hell?

Edited by avemaria40