An Old School Catholic Message Board

SSPX

photosynthesis

LoL! I don't agree to very much of those, although I do question how you can overemphasize Papal authority too much?

Actually, though I'm an EM (trained during my youth, though I don't like to practice and only do so when it's absolutely necessary, as the last two times were...talk about odd! :pinch: One, the Priest had to leave Mass due to some major failure in his body after the Agnus Dei, and the other because I got stuck with the key to the Tabernacle...I don't like the situation on campus...because no one reposed!), I agree to really nothing on that list. I hope that I'm not pegged as a neo-con too! :pinch: That means bad things for many people...

I hear one side saying that the Papal authority of Quo Primum is complete and forever and that the Pope has authority over individual dioceses, while the other side says the opposite in many ways. :blink: :pinch:

What's a Catholic like me supposed to do!

Thess, thank you, I understand. You've seen enough o' me to know I will call ppl on being rude, and that includes Trads ( of whom some I am down on for various things, including individuals, writers, clergy, Indulters, sspx-ers, etc;).

But the sspx weren't thrown out . Ya don't just show up in Rome with 5000 pilgrims - therefore they were allowed to come by arrangement beforehand and churches were open and masses said in various churches. Bishop Fellay preached in St. Peters.

Like Paphnutius, I am big on citations but am not allowed to post that one here. Seeing is believing, the pictures speak for themselves. The lines of clergy appeared to be blocks long, the 5000 jammed into St. Peters.

"Praying" allegedly, "for the pope." Now how weird is that? Are they all lying? Man, if I thought of the Pope and the Papacy what the sspx is attributed to feeling and thinking, there is no way I'd go to Rome. Rome would be [i]anathema sit.[/i] Like you'd pay money to go to try to attack altar and throne? Maybe 15 would, but 5000?

The Vatican thus sends a curious signal in light of [i]Ecclesia Dei Afflicta.[/i] And I'm not helping make things clearer by bringing this up. Neither are they, the Vatican.

And we thought that [i]limbo [/i]was being outlawed...

Edited by Donna

I'd rather be refered to as an Orthodox Catholic, not a traditionalist, neo-Catholic, liberal Catholic... just Orthodox Catholic.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 16 2006, 09:38 AM']Orthodox or faithful are excellent terms as well, but political labels are not accurate and misleading.
[right][snapback]889181[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]:yes: I though that a bit...ironic as well. It said that neo-Catholics are usually focused on the politics more than litrugical matters or theological, yet it is the "trads" that are in engaging in partisan politics within the Church by such labeling. See my comment about Paul and divisions in the Church.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Feb 15 2006, 11:49 PM']LoL!  I don't agree to very much of those, although I do question how you can overemphasize Papal authority too much?
[/quote]
Oh [i]you know[/i], like thinking the pope can tell someone whether he can consecrate more bishops or not...

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Feb 15 2006, 11:49 PM'] I agree to really nothing on that list.  I hope that I'm not pegged as a neo-con too!  :pinch:  That means bad things for many people...

I hear one side saying that the Papal authority of Quo Primum is complete and forever and that the Pope has authority over individual dioceses, while the other side says the opposite in many ways.  :blink:  :pinch:

What's a Catholic like me supposed to do!
[right][snapback]889000[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You're doing about right when both "sides" pick on you, I think.

Inquisitor Generalis

[quote name='philothea' date='Feb 16 2006, 01:23 PM']You're doing about right when both "sides" pick on you, I think.
[right][snapback]889345[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You're doing about right when you're doing about right. It doesn't matter which side or sides pick on you.

[quote name='Donna' date='Feb 16 2006, 01:47 AM']..."due to some major failure in his body after the Agnus Dei..."

Girl you're too funny!
[right][snapback]889019[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hehe, Q's a guy. ;)

[quote name='Inquisitor Generalis' date='Feb 16 2006, 04:09 PM']You're doing about right when you're doing about right.  It doesn't matter which side or sides pick on you.
[right][snapback]889519[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Both sides have gotta pick on you at some point. Maybe they're the sedevacantists in Minnesota (I think..."Pope Pius XIII) or the people who don't believe in God.

Either way, there's gotta be someone more to the right of you than you and more to the left than you.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Feb 16 2006, 05:47 PM']Both sides have gotta pick on you at some point.  Maybe they're the sedevacantists in Minnesota (I think..."Pope Pius XIII) or the people who don't believe in God.

Either way, there's gotta be someone more to the right of you than you and more to the left than you.
[right][snapback]889685[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
OH! let us discuss the possbility of an infinite seriies of people being on each side of you.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Feb 16 2006, 07:47 PM']Both sides have gotta pick on you at some point.  Maybe they're the sedevacantists in Minnesota (I think..."Pope Pius XIII) or the people who don't believe in God.

[right][snapback]889685[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That would be Montana, not Minnesota. Minnesotans have enough problems, like the Twins, Vikings and Timberwolves. They don't need that laid on them too.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 18 2006, 08:24 AM']That would be Montana, not Minnesota.  Minnesotans have enough problems, like the Twins, Vikings and Timberwolves.  They don't need that laid on them too.
[right][snapback]891105[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: