An Old School Catholic Message Board

SSPX

photosynthesis

Please forgive me my bad smiley habit. :blush: It's bad when you know many by heart!

Anyways, in clarification, the choir's singing counts as the prayer and doesn not require the Priest saying it for it to be valid prayer.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 14 2006, 06:38 PM']I much prefer Mass were people are participating and singing as opposed to saying a rosary silently.
[right][snapback]887531[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

At the Masses where we sing most people are so taken up in the Liturgy and music flowing from it I haven't seen this as an issue. :)

I've got a great book on all this, in which the Priest rebukes the parish for doing it...and it's from 75 or so years ago.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Akalyte' date='Feb 14 2006, 03:33 AM']personally i think some people on here treat "traditionalists" worse then protestants and muslims..Ya'll need to remember that they live the exact same faith as us..
[right][snapback]886870[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am a traditional catholic.....thats not the same as an SSPXer. Frankly, I dont know what the SSPXers are. :idontknow: Are they more protostant or catholic?

Ora et Labora

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Feb 14 2006, 06:19 AM']SSPX be in schism, verily.  It would be easy for them to come on back though.  I think perhaps a bit of pride is hindering things.
[right][snapback]886907[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ya think??? lol

...sorry. but thats it. there pride. i know a few families that are in SSPX.

[quote]I am a traditional catholic.....thats not the same as an SSPXer.[/quote]

I agree completely. I am a Trad and not an SSPXer.

[quote]Normally they claim the Novus Ordo as invalid.[/quote]

NOT TRUE! They believe that it should be avoided at all costs, but they think it is valid if proper form, matter, and intent are used.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 14 2006, 05:55 PM'][quote name='qfnol31']Normally they claim the Novus Ordo as invalid.[/quote]
NOT TRUE! They believe that it should be avoided at all costs, but they think it is valid if proper form, matter, and intent are used.
[right][snapback]887552[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
From what I can tell on the SSPX faq (which I will not link to) they say the Novus Ordo, if it is said in Latin, [i]might[/i] be valid, but that the vernacular translation makes it impossible for the priest to have a proper intention, so any English-language mass is invalid.

[quote name='Inquisitor Generalis' date='Feb 14 2006, 04:18 PM']Citations of what?
[right][snapback]887489[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
To this:[quote]Bp. Rifan and various members of the FSSP all pretty much have grave misgivings about the Novus Ordo Mass. [/quote]

Inquisitor Generalis

Both Bp. Rifan's priestly society in Campos and the FSSP were in some way associated w/the SSPX. Trust me, they have misgivings about the Novus Ordo ...and they're not in schism. You're asking me to cite something that's essentially common knowledge.

Edited by Inquisitor Generalis

[quote name='Inquisitor Generalis' date='Feb 14 2006, 11:00 PM']Both Bp. Rifan's priestly society in Campos and the FSSP were in some way associated w/the SSPX.  Trust me, they have misgivings about the Novus Ordo ...and they're not in schism.  You're asking me to cite something that's essentially common knowledge.
[right][snapback]887927[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Then it should not be hard to produce some letter or published article...This is the debate table please reference your statements.

Inquisitor Generalis

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Feb 14 2006, 11:28 PM']Then it should not be hard to produce some letter or published article...This is the debate table please reference your statements.
[right][snapback]887953[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This is like asking someone to cite sources saying the sky is blue. If someone thought the NOM was 100% a-ok (and it takes more than mere validity to be 100% a-ok), then why would they even bother joining a traditionalist fraternity like the FSSP or the Society of St. John Vianney? Why would these groups have even started? THINK about this for a moment, will you?

In other words, yes, there are ppl who are in full unity w/the Church who think the Novus Ordo Mass has grave deficiencies, [i]even despite its validity[/i].