An Old School Catholic Message Board

SSPX

photosynthesis

Inquisitor Generalis

[quote name='Rick777' date='Feb 14 2006, 03:08 AM']I wish you would look long and hard at what you just posted.
[right][snapback]886868[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Frankly, I wish you would, too.

personally i think some people on here treat "traditionalists" worse then protestants and muslims..Ya'll need to remember that they live the exact same faith as us..

Guest Rick777

Do you really? I also think Charismatics are treated rather cruely :ohno:
Maybe we should all just take our own advice.

Edited by Rick777

[quote name='Akalyte' date='Feb 14 2006, 05:33 AM']personally i think some people on here treat "traditionalists" worse then protestants and muslims..Ya'll need to remember that they live the exact same faith as us..
[right][snapback]886870[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The problem is sometimes they don't see it that way.

Inquisitor Generalis

[quote name='Akalyte' date='Feb 14 2006, 03:33 AM']personally i think some people on here treat "traditionalists" worse then protestants and muslims..Ya'll need to remember that they live the exact same faith as us..
[/quote]

Charismatics deserve it. There's no way you can put trads and charismatics in the same category. The Charismatics promote novel practices, trads simply follow the same faith as most of our great grandparents.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:01 PM']Dont hate the SSPX, it is a group of really good and holy priests and has large numbers of holy and devout lay people. They do some really good things and arent evil or anything.
[right][snapback]875097[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Anyone who adheres to schism, regardless of whether or not they think schism exists, isn't holy or devout.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:46 PM']So....  I'm not really clear on the SSPX.  Are they in schism...  aren't they in schism?  what's the deal?
[right][snapback]874140[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The trads will use alot of mubo jumbo about disobedience and vatican II and protecting the latin mass to justify their status. But the sad fact is that if you blow away the smoke they consecrated bishops without the permission to do so. They were in fact excommunicated over this and the excommunication is valid, whether it was rightfully done or not (and it seems quite clear from canon law that it was). The excommunication has not been lifted and so, yes they are in schism. Further an excommunication has also been placed on anyone who knowingly joins with SSPX. They can think they are not in schism all they want just as moslems think they will be rewarded with virgins for flying planes in to buildings. They are in for a rude awakening I fear.

My brother is a trad and so I've gone the rounds with him. You cannot get him to focus on the illicit consecrations of the bishops which is the heart of the matter.

[quote name='Akalyte' date='Feb 14 2006, 03:33 AM']personally i think some people on here treat "traditionalists" worse then protestants and muslims..Ya'll need to remember that they live the exact same faith as us..
[/quote]
and personally, i'm getting really tired of people acting "more Catholic than the pope"
edit: not to say you are, akalyte.

[/quote]

Actually, this is the very reason that perhaps they are worse off. They have the Eucharist. They have the priesthood and the councils to guide them. They have confession. They acknowledge but then undermine the authority of the Papacy.

Luke 12
[48] But he who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, shall receive a light beating. Every one to whom much is given, of him will much be required; and of him to whom men commit much they will demand the more.

They are more wolves from within than protestants I am afraid.

Not all traditionalists are in schism. [quote]Many such "Tridentine Catholics" follow breakaway groups such as the Society of St. Pius X  , or the True Catholic Church . Others remain in communion with the Roman Catholic Church  and the Pope  , attaching themselves to associations within the Church, such as the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter . They all place particular stress on the form (with its later pre-1970 modifications) given to the Roman rite of the Eucharist  after the Council of Trent, a form that they therefore call the "Tridentine Mass  ".[/quote] However, the leaders of SSPX have been officially declared in schism, although the other members of the society have not, I believe been declared such.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 14 2006, 09:38 AM']If your leader is in schism, and you follow them, what does that say about you?
[right][snapback]887046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They cannot of course ever admit they are in schism because of their harline, out of context stand of the Council of Flourence and EENS. :sadder: The interpretation of EENS places a judgement on them for being schismatics. Thus they will go to great lengths to try and explain why they are not schismatics.

Edited by thessalonian

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 14 2006, 11:38 AM']If your leader is in schism, and you follow them, what does that say about you?
[right][snapback]887046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I know, that's my objection.