An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bush lies in SOTU

PadreSantiago

Bush? Lie?

I'm so shocked, who would have ever suspected that he is a dirty rotten incompetant liar. Good thing I was protesting him during the state of the union and didn't have to hear a word of his lies (we drown him out by booing)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Feb 3 2006, 02:37 PM']That's sickening.
[right][snapback]874635[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Which is why they needed healthcare... :unsure:

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='zwergel88' date='Feb 3 2006, 01:59 PM']Bush? Lie? 

I'm so shocked, who would have ever suspected that he is a dirty rotten incompetant liar.  Good thing I was protesting him during the state of the union and didn't have to hear a word of his lies (we drown him out by booing)
[right][snapback]874679[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Bush is a much better president than we've had in the past.

[quote name='jezic' date='Feb 3 2006, 04:30 PM']as long as you don't vote pro-choice democrat, things are alright.
[right][snapback]874727[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
So pro-choice republican is OK?

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Feb 3 2006, 03:44 PM']Nope, although you'll find less pro-choice republicans than you will pro-choice democrats.
[right][snapback]874765[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

See now this is where things get sticky

If you are to define Prolife as against abortion with the exception of rape and incest (protestant def) then you'd be right

If you are to define Prolife in the Catholic sense then you have bunches of pro-choice republicans.

This is one of my criticisms (and a valid one) of Bush.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='zwergel88' date='Feb 3 2006, 02:59 PM']Bush? Lie? 

I'm so shocked, who would have ever suspected that he is a dirty rotten incompetant liar.  Good thing I was protesting him during the state of the union and didn't have to hear a word of his lies (we drown him out by booing)
[/quote]
:shock:

[quote name='Nathan' date='Feb 3 2006, 05:10 PM']Would you rather have John Kerry?
[right][snapback]874841[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I would rather that we call things as they are. This is exactly what I'm talking about. This should be a non debated issue. According to Catholic teaching, there are no shades of gray in the term pro life. And yet the "liberal" is applying a more conservative definition to prolife than the conservatives when it comes to Bush.

Am I grateful that Bush nominated two justices who, by all assessments, are prolife? Yes

Does that mean we can refer to Bush as prolife? No we can't. He is a prochoice president that nominated two prolife justices (we hope)

[quote name='zwergel88' date='Feb 3 2006, 03:59 PM']Good thing I was protesting him during the state of the union and didn't have to hear a word of his lies (we drown him out by booing)
[/quote]

Hehehe. You know, you [i]could[/i] just hit the mute button.

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Feb 3 2006, 06:39 PM']Hehehe.  You know, you [i]could[/i] just hit the mute button.
[right][snapback]874961[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Just seeing him and all his cronies makes me shutter, I had to take some real action this time. It was an awesome protest. We used drums, guitars, pots and pans, and a variety of chanted slogans to drown him out.

[quote name='zwergel88' date='Feb 4 2006, 02:22 AM']Just seeing him and all his cronies makes me shutter, I had to take some real action this time.  It was an awesome protest.  We used drums, guitars, pots and pans, and a variety of chanted slogans to drown him out.
[right][snapback]875389[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
tell Sheehan i said "pow! tadow"