An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bush lies in SOTU

PadreSantiago

PadreSantiago

Bush aides clarify statements about oil
Bush aides claim that Bush wants to decrease, not replace completely, U.S. consumption of foreign oil.
BY KEVIN G. HALL
khall@krwashington.com

WASHINGTON - One day after President Bush vowed to reduce America's dependence on Middle East oil by cutting imports from there 75 percent by 2025, his energy secretary and national economic advisor said Wednesday that the president didn't mean it literally.

Bush vowed to fund research into better batteries for hybrid vehicles and more production of the alternative fuel ethanol, setting a lofty goal of replacing ``more than 75 percent of our oil imports from the Middle East by 2025.''

Not exactly, though, it turns out.

''This was purely an example,'' Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman said.

Asked why the president used the words ''the Middle East'' when he didn't really mean them, one administration official said Bush wanted to dramatize the issue in a way that ''every American sitting out there listening to the speech understands.'' The official spoke only on condition of anonymity because he feared that his remarks might get him in trouble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of message does this send? I love when bush says something and one of his aids contradicts him a day after! It's so funny, it's like they don't even talk to each other.

Edited by PadreSantiago

crazymaine catholic

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 2 2006, 09:43 PM']Big surprise?  Big surprise you're posting something anti-Bush...
[right][snapback]873840[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
hahaha fantastic

Since when does someone in the administration equal the president?

He didn't lie about WMD's. There were WMDs... UN satellites prove it... but you can search for WMD and my name to see the sources if you want.

He can only do so much to lessen our dependancy on foreign oil... what is slowing progress are the crooked dem senators.

There's a book out about that now, Iron.

I've spoken with people involved with the war who had to deal with the media regarding that war, and had them personally tell me the information they themselves provided was distorted, and in some cases, completely contradicted.

Sadly, hatred for Bush on a personal level has overwhelmed any sense of truth and honor in far too many people...

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Feb 2 2006, 09:27 PM']Since when does someone in the administration equal the president?

He didn't lie about WMD's. There were WMDs... UN satellites prove it... but you can search for WMD and my name to see the sources if you want.

He can only do so much to lessen our dependancy on foreign oil... what is slowing progress are the crooked dem senators.
[right][snapback]873886[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

the UN does not own any space hardware kids

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3334235.stm"]BBC article speaking of UN satellites[/url]

I believe when an entity uses something, even if it is for hire, it then "has" that something.

Really, let's be a bit more thorough.

There were "WMDs" (personally, it's a stupid term to use, but I bow to common understanding) in Iraq. That does not have to justify invasion, neccesarily. Only a coward refuses to give any ground in arguments for fear of losing. Perhaps further diplomatic actions could have been used with less death on both sides, although the invasion of Iraq is currently a military success with stunningly few casualties on our side.

[quote name='Winchester' date='Feb 3 2006, 09:09 AM']I believe when an entity uses something, even if it is for hire, it then "has" that something.
[right][snapback]874219[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Feb 3 2006, 09:28 AM']I just used Google maps to look up my place and saw a satellite view of it.

I have satellites! Woo hoo!
[right][snapback]874229[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Totally sequiter!

But please don't let that stop you from coming up with a smart-assed response.

Every single time Padre posts some new revelation about the "corruption" of George W. Bush, the members of Phatmass systematically pick it apart and prove it to be a false charge. Yet he keeps on persisting...

It's time to get a new hobby, Padre. Get off the Bush-bashing bandwagon. It's so tired and mainstream.

If I stretch my mind, too many facts intrude upon my worldview.

The google sat thing was a non sequiter.

I think.

I'll look it up.