An Old School Catholic Message Board

death penalty for serial child molesters

theculturewarrior

Minnestota tried adpoting such a law a while back, and they don't even have it for murderers.

America isn't a merciful nation.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 03:29 PM']I think that child molestors, rapists and other sexual offendors should get life imprisonment with no parole.  But if that's not enough to keep society safe, then the death penalty should be used as a last resort.
[right][snapback]873387[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Amen.

PadreSantiago

Don't worry there's a special place in hell reserved for these people. I personally think we should throw them off a cliff to expedidite their meeting with satan

i am not sure that anyone shuold be put to death.

It might be warranted in some cases.

ONe of the things is that it is more expensive to put someone to death than life in prison (even with all of the upkeep for the prison stuff) because they have so many appeals and different things that they can try.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 03:37 PM']what about the possibility of repenting for their sins and returning to the Lord in prison?
[right][snapback]873399[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree with this. I do not think that one should be put to death, ever. This is my opinion. I dont care how terrible the mistake, the Lord can reach them, change their heart, and forgive them.

Some may call me ignorant, but I would rather have them serve punishment while alive when they can have a chance to connect with God, rather than ending their life and eliminating any chance to change their lives.