An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Jackson to sing Pope John Paul II's

Dust's Sister

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:11 PM']Yeah, guess he figures that will attract 12-year-old boys!
[right][snapback]873544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He needs a Jason Evert talk, if ya know what I mean.....

photosynthesis

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Feb 2 2006, 07:10 PM']Just goes to show that those Jevovah Witnesses, who don't accept like other Christains, are jackjobs.
[right][snapback]873543[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 2 2006, 07:11 PM']Well, we all know that God only gives grace to Catholics  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]873545[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, they are kind of a cult...

photosynthesis

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Feb 2 2006, 07:12 PM']He needs a Jason Evert talk, if ya know what I mean.....
[right][snapback]873547[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
he needs to be locked up.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:13 PM']Well, they are kind of a cult...
[right][snapback]873549[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is besides the point. He is still a human being, and still in need of prayers. God grants grace to anyone at any time. The only way things will get better is by God.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:13 PM']Well, they are kind of a cult...
[right][snapback]873549[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They aren't "Christains" as most main-line Christians would define that term

Fidei Defensor

Well, I choose to take the optimistic view that God can do anything, including changing the heart and life of even the most hardened sinner. If God can become incarnate and die for our sins, he can change the heart of Michael Jackson.

cmotherofpirl

The man admitted to sleeping in the same bed as little boys.
He is not normal, and needs prayers and pity.

You can be a fan of or appreciate someone's art or literary achievement while recognizing they have personally reprehensible behavior.

whoa, holy posts since i was last on!

Michael Jackson singing JP 2's prayers = Weird, Why, and WHAT!?

It's like a year's worth of Leno or Letterman jokes waiting to happen!

Bottom line... just say no!

Matt Maher should sing them !

Dust's Sister

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:07 PM']I find the bias here unfair to Michael Jackson.  Now, I'm not trying defend him, but can you honestly say you know all the facts?

If you dont know all the facts, and cannot say anything nice, then its better to not say anything at all.

Last time I checked, we were called to forgive those who trespass against us.  He may not have personally trespassed against us, but we need to pray for him, and hope that what was said to have happened was not true.  I do not think any of us are in the position to make that call.  I know for a fact that none of us were in that courtroom, and I am certain that the media is not the most reliable source to base your facts off of.

Now, again, I am not trying to defend him by any means, I'd rather be neutral. I am just saying that your harsh words about him are assuming that you know all the facts, especially when you call him a child molester.  That also makes it look like you assume that anyone who has done evil cannot repent.  How quickly we forget that the love of Christ conquers all..
[right][snapback]873536[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This was the BEST reply I've ever seen. Thank You very much!

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Feb 2 2006, 03:12 PM']No the first time it didn't go to trial because he paid off the family and the kid refused to testify
[right][snapback]873440[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not true ...the state had to investigate the charges...and they did...they even took pictures of his private parts ..and dropped the charges cause their was no proof of any misconduct... It was all over the LOS ANGELES TIMES but the media did not think it would be intresting enough for the rest of the country to know about.

Dust's Sister

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:21 PM']Well, I choose to take the optimistic view that God can do anything, including changing the heart and life of even the most hardened sinner.  If God can become incarnate and die for our sins, he can change the heart of Michael Jackson.
[right][snapback]873560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

From what I know of Michael Jackson; and I do know a lot, I may not know him personally, but I know his heart is good, and just to let you know I have been to that place inside Neverland twice, and it is beautiful. It's so ugly what people can say about the Legend Michael Jackson, and it's sad what people think of him today. He is just so easily misunderstood. I believe he is the most misunderstood man on this earth.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:36 PM']Child molesters stay child molesters and need to be locked up for the rest of their unnatural lives.
[right][snapback]873576[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The voice of a woman who believes in The God of Conversions.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 2 2006, 05:21 PM']Well, I choose to take the optimistic view that God can do anything, including changing the heart and life of even the most hardened sinner.  If God can become incarnate and die for our sins, he can change the heart of Michael Jackson.
[right][snapback]873560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Michael Jackson has the biggest heart of any person I know.. Have you read or heard any of the songs he wrote??? Maybe you should be judging people like yourself other than the innocent victims out there like Michael Jackson...

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Dust's Sister' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:40 PM']From what I know of Michael Jackson; and I do know a lot, I may not know him personally, but I know his heart is good, and just to let you know I have been to that place inside Neverland twice, and it is beautiful. It's so ugly what people can say about the Legend Michael Jackson, and it's sad what people think of him today. He is just so easily misunderstood. I believe he is the most misunderstood man on this earth.
[right][snapback]873584[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He has admitted to sleeping with little children, has enough surgeries to make him unrecognizable to his own mother, held his child over the edge of a balcony dangling and runs around in a foreign country in a dress.
If he weren't rich, he would be in a mental home.
Like I said pity and prayers for a wasted life.