An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Jackson to sing Pope John Paul II's

Dust's Sister

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 05:23 PM']SSSSSH!  You're not supposed to tell that to the Third Estate!
[right][snapback]873450[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:shock:

Oh yeah, I forgot.

:blush:

Dust's Sister

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 04:15 PM']actually, the media does tell the truth sometimes.
[right][snapback]873441[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

which proves they can also lie sometimes.

photosynthesis

[quote name='Dust's Sister' date='Feb 2 2006, 05:40 PM']which proves they can also lie sometimes.
[right][snapback]873462[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yes, but in this situation I think the media were being reasonable.

theculturewarrior

I just read the CNN transcript. You're right! He claimed the give the child the bed and sleep on the floor. He said even if he did sleep in the same bed it's okay, because he's not Jack the Ripper.

I apologize if I find that odd. I can see that I touched a nerve.

the fact that he has a reputation as a child molestor--even if this be unwarranted--STILL makes the decision to have him sing the popes prayers to be an imprudent one, especially when you consider that the Church too is still fighting against this very same reputation applied to Herself. it is simply not the best combination and i can almost guarantee that the media will jump on it and just make things worse. we are in a public relations war right now, and this would not help.......

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Feb 2 2006, 04:26 PM']Micahael jackson is a sick piece of shinobi. I hope he is executed.
[right][snapback]873493[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Dittos!

And for all those comparing that sick creep to Jesus Christ, that is just disgusting!

Jackson fits the textbook case of the child molester to a tee.

"Blessed are they who are persecuted [b]for righteousness' sake[/b]" - not "Blessed are they who are persecuted for sleeping with young boys."

And all those claiming that Jackson is a model of innocence and light, take one look at any recent picture of his face.
Is having twenty-odd plastic surgeries to transform his face into that of a woman (or whatever the hell he's trying to look like) and bleaching his skin bone-white the actions of a Christ-like innocent or a depraved maniac?
And Jackson adamently insists he never had plastic surgery (except maybe once on his nose) nor bleached his skin. If he lies about the painfully obvious, why should we trust his word on anything else?

And I'm sure this stuff about Jackson being chosen to sing Pope John Paul II's work is nothing more than silly, unfounded tabloid rumor, so this thread is really much ado about nothing.

Fidei Defensor

I find the bias here unfair to Michael Jackson. Now, I'm not trying defend him, but can you honestly say you know all the facts?

If you dont know all the facts, and cannot say anything nice, then its better to not say anything at all.

Last time I checked, we were called to forgive those who trespass against us. He may not have personally trespassed against us, but we need to pray for him, and hope that what was said to have happened was not true. I do not think any of us are in the position to make that call. I know for a fact that none of us were in that courtroom, and I am certain that the media is not the most reliable source to base your facts off of.

Now, again, I am not trying to defend him by any means, I'd rather be neutral. I am just saying that your harsh words about him are assuming that you know all the facts, especially when you call him a child molester. That also makes it look like you assume that anyone who has done evil cannot repent. How quickly we forget that the love of Christ conquers all..

photosynthesis

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 2 2006, 07:05 PM']Is having twenty-odd plastic surgeries to transform his face into that of a woman (or whatever the hell he's trying to look like) and bleaching his skin bone-white the actions of a Christ-like innocent or a depraved maniac?
[right][snapback]873531[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think he's trying to look like an 11-year old Goth girl.

[quote]The purpose of the cd is to disseminate Giovanni Paolo II's prayers to the youth and to rais funds for charity.[/quote]

Yeah, nothing reaches out to today's youth like a promotion by Michael Jackson! <_<

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:07 PM']I find the bias here unfair to Michael Jackson.  Now, I'm not trying defend him, but can you honestly say you know all the facts?

If you dont know all the facts, and cannot say anything nice, then its better to not say anything at all.

Last time I checked, we were called to forgive those who trespass against us.  He may not have personally trespassed against us, but we need to pray for him, and hope that what was said to have happened was not true.  I do not think any of us are in the position to make that call.  I know for a fact that none of us were in that courtroom, and I am certain that the media is not the most reliable source to base your facts off of.

Now, again, I am not trying to defend him by any means, I'd rather be neutral. I am just saying that your harsh words about him are assuming that you know all the facts, especially when you call him a child molester.  That also makes it look like you assume that anyone who has done evil cannot repent.  How quickly we forget that the love of Christ conquers all..
[right][snapback]873536[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Just goes to show that those Jevovah Witnesses, who don't accept like other Christains, are jackjobs.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 2 2006, 05:08 PM']I think he's trying to look like an 11-year old Goth girl.
[right][snapback]873538[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, guess he figures that will attract 12-year-old boys!

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:10 PM']Just goes to show that those Jevovah Witnesses, who don't accept like other Christains, are jackjobs.
[right][snapback]873543[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, we all know that God only gives grace to Catholics :rolleyes:

photosynthesis

[quote name='Socrates' date='Feb 2 2006, 07:11 PM']Yeah, guess he figures that will attract 12-year-old boys!
[right][snapback]873544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
exactly!