An Old School Catholic Message Board

pope teaching error

dairygirl4u2c

Do you believe that the Pope can teach error and the Church still be legit?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always think Venerable Cardinal Newman's coverage of [url="http://www.newmanreader.org/works/anglicans/volume2/gladstone/section9.html"]The Vatican Definition[/url] in his letter to Norfolk illuminates these sorts of talks e.g. paragraph 8.

[quote name='Myles' date='Feb 2 2006, 06:22 PM']I always think Venerable Cardinal Newman's coverage of [url="http://www.newmanreader.org/works/anglicans/volume2/gladstone/section9.html"]The Vatican Definition[/url] in his letter to Norfolk illuminates these sorts of talks e.g. paragraph 8.
[right][snapback]873676[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
My reading list just gets longer and longer....

dairygirl..................why do u always make polls you know the answer to? you know good and well no catholic here is going to say that the pope can teach error. these polls are pointless.

You really should have specified "on faith and morals." I said yes because you didn't limit the question to the relevant definition.

Pax Christi,
Joe :)

it's a moot point -- the Pope cannot teach error on matters of Faith and Morals...

the vagueness of your question requires an answer of, NO ... simply because the 1st condition is false. because the first condition is false, the second condition also cannot follow.