An Old School Catholic Message Board

So excited!

magnificat

[quote name='magnificat' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:15 AM']Clearly, it's the best place to be  :P:
[right][snapback]872956[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Then why are you discerning with an order NOT in St. Louis. :P: :P:

It's a good place to be while discerning! We have so many cool orders here, and it's a very Catholic place.

It sounds weird, but the thing I am going to miss the most when I enter religious life isn't going to be something material or even really my family. I will miss St. Louis the most!

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:43 PM']I was just joking.  I didn't mean to upset anybody.  St. Louis is a baseball town, high praise indeed in my book.  :)
[right][snapback]873985[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hehe. :cool: I have to agree with jgirl, it is a great place to be discerning.

And I got to meet Sr. Joseph Andrew, SMME today. She is absolutely fabulous and I can't say enough good things about her! Hopefully I can visit her community at the end of the month (God willing!).

As Sister says, "God sure does spoil me!"

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 2 2006, 09:43 PM']I was just joking.  I didn't mean to upset anybody.  St. Louis is a baseball town, high praise indeed in my book.  :)
[right][snapback]873985[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ahh...the baseball!

The cool thing is that in Alabama there is one Sister there who is also from Missouri. She's a Cardinals fan, too! When I was visiting in September, we were pulling weeds together and reminiscing about our Busch Stadium memories.

We have one of the coolest bishops, two (not just one, but two) basilicas, a great seminary filled with guys from the Midwest and MidSouth who will be amazing, holy priests if God wills them to be ordained, a plethora of religious orders and all kinds of other cool Catholic stuff!

But then we also have toasted ravioli, baseball, Ted Drewes, the world's largest Amoco sign, four seasons in one week, and a Walk of Fame.

And Magnificat, I'm very excited for you. From all the Sister Joseph Andrew stories, she sounds great. I met Mother Assumpta on the March for Life. We ended up waiting next to each other outside the Supreme Court, and I told her how I was entering the order her sister-Sister started, and she was one of the sweetest people I have ever met.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 2 2006, 11:19 PM']Ahh...the baseball!

The cool thing is that in Alabama there is one Sister there who is also from Missouri. She's a Cardinals fan, too! When I was visiting in September, we were pulling weeds together and reminiscing about our Busch Stadium memories.

We have one of the coolest bishops, two (not just one, but two) basilicas, a great seminary filled with guys from the Midwest and MidSouth who will be amazing, holy priests if God wills them to be ordained, a plethora of religious orders and all kinds of other cool Catholic stuff!

But then we also have toasted ravioli, baseball, Ted Drewes, the world's largest Amoco sign, four seasons in one week, and a Walk of Fame.

And Magnificat, I'm very excited for you. From all the Sister Joseph Andrew stories, she sounds great. I met Mother Assumpta on the March for Life. We ended up waiting next to each other outside the Supreme Court, and I told her how I was entering the order her sister-Sister started, and she was one of the sweetest people I have ever met.
[right][snapback]874050[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Astros Rule!!!!

[quote name='shortnun' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:38 PM']:clap: <--------------- me after I got a packet of mail today from Sr. Mary Gabriel, SV

:D:
[right][snapback]875166[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So excited for you shortnun! Maybe you can come with me in March!! :D:
PS: PM me about next week!

[quote name='uruviel' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:20 PM']Astro's are absolutly the best!!!  :D
[right][snapback]875128[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nope the Cardinals are! I mean, c'mon, they share a name with the Church hierarchy! :P:

I just logged onto my Paul VI class and noticed there's another phatmasser taking the Spirituality of St. Francis class online!

Fr. Damien teaches the FSGM postulants in Alton, and I'm excited!

Plane tickets are always exciting, too! I have some to go down to Birmingham to visit my Sisters, and just knowing exactly when you are leaving makes it easier to count down the days. I'm leaving in 10!