An Old School Catholic Message Board

Constantine's Sword

Brother Adam

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Feb 1 2006, 02:06 PM']Does anyone know anything about this book by James Carroll?
[right][snapback]872125[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I received it several years ago (2003) as a Christmas gift. It is horrible. It is not accurate and it is biased against the Catholic Church. I would strongly recommend not wasting your time with it.

James Carroll is a former priest and has voiced issues with the Catholic identity.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:24 PM']I received it several years ago (2003) as a Christmas gift.  It is horrible.  It is not accurate and it is biased against the Catholic Church.  I would strongly recommend not wasting your time with it.

James Carroll is a former priest and has voiced issues with the Catholic identity.
[right][snapback]872142[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thank you. I'm engaged in dialogue with an 'anti-catholic Catholic' if that makes any sense and he keeps bringing up the book.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Feb 1 2006, 12:24 PM']I received it several years ago (2003) as a Christmas gift.  It is horrible.  It is not accurate and it is biased against the Catholic Church.  I would strongly recommend not wasting your time with it.

[right][snapback]872142[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There's one less book on my read list. :lol:

Thanks Cam42!
^_^

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:30 PM']thank you. I'm engaged in dialogue with an 'anti-catholic Catholic' if that makes any sense and he keeps bringing up the book.
[right][snapback]872143[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sadly it makes perfect sense. :ohno:

[quote name='Desert Walker' date='Feb 1 2006, 02:18 PM']Better book:

[i]Triumph:  The Power and the Glory of the Catholic Church[/i] -- By Graham Hancock
[right][snapback]872196[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

To biased the other way around if you ask me. I like "A History of the Church" and "A concise History of the Catholic Church"

Desert Walker

I think that a Catholic take on history SHOULD be biased heavily on the Catholic side. That's why I have a lot of respect for the works of Warren Carroll. God's Church is always right about the most important stuff anyway.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:19 PM']To biased the other way around if you ask me. I like "A History of the Church" and "A concise History of the Catholic Church"
[right][snapback]872199[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

by..??