An Old School Catholic Message Board

stay away from the inpure

bx_racer

Jesus didn't come to preach to the choir. He came to hang out in brothels and leper colonies and bars and IRS HQ's to provide the supreme example of Christianity to those who were lost to His grace. He ate with sinners, was good friends with a known prostitute, and made the wretched tax collector one of his favorite people. But he did it all for the glory of God and the furtherance of the faith.

My idea. Don't kick him out. That will just give him the idea that you think that you're a "holier-than-thou" type person which would be negative reinforcement on his present behavior. At the same time you have to make sure you are ALWAYS the Christ-like influence and voice to those around you, especially your band, and make sure that they know you don't condone what they do.

Hang out with sinners, just don't be one.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='frozencell' date='Feb 3 2006, 11:16 AM']Jesus didn't come to preach to the choir. He came to hang out in brothels and leper colonies and bars and IRS HQ's to provide the supreme example of Christianity to those who were lost to His grace. He ate with sinners, was good friends with a known prostitute, and made the wretched tax collector one of his favorite people. But he did it all for the glory of God and the furtherance of the faith.

My idea. Don't kick him out. That will just give him the idea that you think that you're a "holier-than-thou" type person which would be negative reinforcement on his present behavior. At the same time you have to make sure you are ALWAYS the Christ-like influence and voice to those around you, especially your band, and make sure that they know you don't condone what they do.

Hang out with sinners, just don't be one.
[right][snapback]874441[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Who cares what the dude thinks...hes messed up! Worry about yourself first, then worry about others.

Again, hes not Jesus.

[i]Young man[/i], there's no need to feel down.
I said, [b]young man![/b], pick yourself off the ground.
I said, [b]young man[/b], 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need - to - be - un - hap - py.

[i]Young man[/i], there's a place you can go.
I said, [b]young man![/b], when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to - have - a - good - time.

BWA BWA BWA BWA BWA!!!

It's fun to stay at the......

Edited by Cow of Shame

Ora et Labora

[quote name='track2004' date='Feb 5 2006, 08:31 PM']Aren't we supposed to put God 1st, others 2nd and us 3rd.  Or thats what the YMCA told me.
[right][snapback]876680[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What if you can't control yourself..?? Then what?? Not that bx_racer can't. From what I can tell he can... :)

I'm just saying, what people say about being Christ to others is all well and good, but sometimes you can take it to far where you are struggling really bad and fall with them as well. You have to be strong!

Kristina

Psalm 1, verse 1:
"How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!"

doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of hanging out with negative influences. Jesus A) was incorruptible and B) spent that time with the sinners and in the brothels and whatever in an attempt to convert those people. He wasn't just going to hang out. very different situations. if you're going to try to help this guy turn his life around, id say go for it. if you're just there to play music, you're silently endorsing his actions, giving your implied approval. Just my two cents, ladies and gents.

Timmy