An Old School Catholic Message Board

Danish Cartoons

peacenluvbaby

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 8 2006, 09:52 AM']Actually if a woman gets raped they are often killed by their family because they have disgraced and brought shame.
[right][snapback]880265[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Or not... :P:

I love how everyones generalizing Muslims into one general group. There are different sects and in different areas they have different beliefs. Unlike the Catholic Church, they are not all under one supreme Pontiff. They all do not have exact rules and regulations. Some people interpret the Koran differently than others. Tell me if you see these acts from American Muslims. Please tell me exactly where this is still done. (I'm sure it happens but your making it sound like it often happens wherever.) All of the ignorance of Islam in the West is almost as sad as hearing that the War on Iraq was started by the Vatican.

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:42 PM']Now, there are some good people that are in the religion that actually want peace.... but the problem is the religion.

God Bless,
ironmonk
[right][snapback]879550[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The problem is the relgiion only to the people who follow it that way. The religion itself is not bad, but people with a backwards state of mind (in other words barbaric) interpret it in a bad way. You are saying Islam is the problem and that it incites hatred. Tell that to the many Scholars (in countries that are developed) who dissagree. I believe the problem is the people who interpret it in the wrong way are usually brought up to be closed minded themselves. (or they're just not that bright to begin with). A lot of the leaders who use Islam as an excuse for stupid actions do not actually care about Islam. Sometimes it's just personal gain.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='musturde' date='Feb 8 2006, 04:30 PM']Or not... :P

I love how everyones generalizing Muslims into one general group. There are different sects and in different areas they have different beliefs. Unlike the Catholic Church, they are not all under one supreme Pontiff. They all do not have exact rules and regulations. Some people interpret the Koran differently than others. Tell me if you see these acts from American Muslims. Please tell me exactly where this is still done. (I'm sure it happens but your making it sound like it often happens wherever.) All of the ignorance of Islam in the West is almost as sad as hearing that the War on Iraq was started by the Vatican.
[right][snapback]880830[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Nobody said "all" muslims. Many muslims are upset about the cartoons, but even more distressed by the irrational behavior of their own people.
This is obviously not about cartoons. But the image of peace that many American and European muslims try to cultivate has been shot to hell, by their own people.

This article pretty much sums up my sentiment.

I for one would ally myself readily with muslims and islam against the seculars - any day.

[url="http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48727"]http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48727[/url]

My general comments on the article:

[quote]"The Middle East responded with a boycott of Danish foods and goods. But when, in the name of press solidarity, Le Soir and Le Monde in Paris, El Pais in Madrid and Die Welt in Berlin republished the cartoons on Page 1, Islam exploded. For this was an in-your-face declaration by the secularist media of the European Union that it will exercise its right to insult any God, any prophet, any faith, whenever it so chooses. "[/quote]

The secular morons are more my at fault than the Muslims.

I thought this comment was well put:

[quote]"Faubert, however, is not a Danish soldier in the Shiite sector of Iraq. Innocents will pay the price of his heroism."[/quote]

How fast do you think those seculars will bow to ANY God once their food supply is gone? Comfort is the only reason these people deny the existence of God, and this is an eternally fatal sense of security.

[quote]"where mobs are attacking embassies and Christian churches."[/quote]

It is unfortunate that the Muslims do not see the true source of the cartoons; secular media, not the Christian faith who from the Vartican declared several years ago to share the same fiath in the sense they too worship the one true God of Abraham.

Ah yes... and how can we talk of securlars without referring breifly or at least thinking about their double standards:

[quote]"What hypocrisy. When it comes to what Germans are most sensitive about, Hitler and the Holocaust, they are ruthless censors. British historian David Irving has spent three months in a Viennese prison awaiting trial on Feb. 20 for speeches he made 15 years ago in Austria. Skeptics and deniers of the Holocaust are prosecuted, fined and imprisoned in Europe with the enthusiastic endorsement of the European press. "[/quote]

[quote]"What has happened in Europe is that the secular press, which loves to mock the beliefs and symbols of religious faith, has now insulted a deadly serious religion that answers insults with action."[/quote]

I wish Catholicism would return to the days of the cursades.... at elat sometimes. I have said it many times, but I believe the Catholic religion has much to learn from Islam.

And on a final note, with the wrongs against the death penalty aside I would give serious thought to shooting those who published those cartoons.

Back to you Bob...

Edited by Didacus

Yesterday an Italian newspaper called "Libero" published an article about the various cartoons Muslims publish against Christianity.

Take a look at this.

[img]http://libero-news.dnsalias.com/libero/media/images/prima_big.jpg[/img]

Underneath the picture, there is written, "Sono io il capo della miscredenza su questa terra" which means, "I am the leader of religious misconceptions on earth". There is also written that behind the Pope there are the "maiali romani" which means "Roman pigs". Keep in mind what pigs signify to the Muslims and they added on by saying "i quali saranno trattati come meritano, come gli esseri più immondi che secondo il Corano esistano" which means "whom will be treated as they deserve, like the most infamous beings that exist according to the Quran".

I think that says it all. :weep: >:(

You know what why dont we just start WW III over a bunch of stupid cartoons! I know that will solve all of the worlds problems! Hey the Austrians are in Europe so let attack their embassy! They have nothing to do with these Cartoons!!!

These actions just re-iterate exactly what these hooligans are whining about, why people in the world feel that way towards the extremist like that. Look at how they re-act.

Look how many times they make fun of us and Papa! It upsets us greatly, but we dont burn embassys over it. We pray for the ones who have committed the offence.

Maybe Jesus was right after all!

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

1. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world!
….

[quote name='Church Punk' date='Feb 9 2006, 07:07 PM']Look how many times they make fun of us and Papa! It upsets us greatly, but we dont burn embassys over it. We pray for the ones who have committed the offence.[/quote]

That is exactly what this article says. It says that they won't retaliate as civility tells otherwise.

[quote name='Church Punk' date='Feb 9 2006, 07:07 PM']Maybe Jesus was right after all!
Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

1. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world!
….
[right][snapback]881769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He definitely is!

2. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion
Have mercy on us and on the whole world!

[quote name='dandy777' date='Feb 9 2006, 12:41 PM']Underneath the picture, there is written, "Sono io il capo della miscredenza su questa terra"  which means, "I am the leader of religious misconceptions on earth".  There is also written that behind the Pope there are the "maiali romani"  which means "Roman pigs". Keep in mind what pigs signify to the Muslims and they added on by saying  "i quali saranno trattati come meritano, come gli esseri più immondi che secondo il Corano esistano" which means "whom will be treated as they deserve, like the most infamous beings that exist according to the Quran".

I think that says it all.  :weep:  >:(
[right][snapback]881738[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[img]http://www.sega.com/games/title/medieval2/ss/ss_medieval2_01.jpg[/img]

This would shut them up.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 8 2006, 04:08 PM']Nobody said "all" muslims.  Many muslims are upset about the cartoons, but even more distressed by the irrational behavior of their own people.
This is obviously not about cartoons. But the image of peace that many American and European muslims try to cultivate has been shot to hell, by their own people.
[right][snapback]880869[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I understand that. You said
[quote]Actually if a woman gets raped they are often killed by their family because they have disgraced and brought shame.[/quote]
They'd probably kill her in some areas if she fornicated but not that often if she was raped. I was just interested in what exact area this was happening in. (even fornication in many of the countries wouldn't mean death... maybe isolation from family but not death).

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Feb 9 2006, 02:57 PM'][img]http://www.sega.com/games/title/medieval2/ss/ss_medieval2_01.jpg[/img]
This would shut them up.
[right][snapback]882033[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
A video game? :lol:
I think the idea is that we don't use force in this situation. If we do, all the extremists will get an idea that we're attacking their religion. Then another "Jihad" would storm.

BEIRUT: Lebanese Forces chief Samir Geagea is facing a lawsuit on charges of defaming the Prophet Mohammad and religious sentiments, creating sedition and instigating terrorism and attempt to damage national unity. Lawyer May Khansa filed the lawsuit Wednesday against Geagea as head of the LF, and against the writer of an article which insulted the Prophet, Muslims in general and Hizbullah's Secretary General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.

In an article published on www.lebanese-forces.org , claiming to be the LF's official Web site , "Shiite and Sunni"Muslims were referred to as "stupid" beings that "had not risen yet to the level of the apes."

It also severely defamed the Prophet Mohammad, claiming the miracles he did were "myths."

The writer of the article also attacked Nasrallah(leader of Hezbollah), calling him a liar who has been misleading "the stupid Shiites" ... and so on; and underestimated Hizbullah's achievement in fighting Israel, saying that the Israelis didn't withdraw back in 2000 because of the resistance's attacks.

[b]But the LF's media officer Antoinette Geagea told The Daily Star that the aforementioned Web site "is not the official LF Web site. The official one is www.lebanese-forces.com ."[/b]

She said that the LF is into process of filing a lawsuit against that Web site. "There are many Web sites which were opened by LF supporters, and after (Samir) Geagea returned we started organizing the Web sites carefully, and we launched our official Web site four months ago and informed the media about it."

According to Antoinette Geagea, the return of Samir Geagea at the time was the LF's priority, before looking into the issue of the various LF Web sites.

Antoinette Geagea added that any piece of information found on any Web site other than www.lebanese-forces.com or not taken from it is not considered official.

"We have contacted May Khansa and told her that the Web site is not related to us. We wish that she doesn't proceed with this lawsuit, but if she decides to go on with it, we will demand that she apologize and pay compensation on the bases that she abused her right of litigation."

Khansa told The Daily Star that when she spoke to the LF about it they said they would call her back in five minutes but actually called after an hour or so saying that the Web site was not the official LF one.
[b]
She also said that she was not convinced with what they are saying about the Web site, and that Geagea is also responsible because he is the head of the LF.[/b]
She added she will go on with the lawsuit, and if the LF proves it had nothing to do with it then she will apologize to them.

[url="http://www.lebaneselobby.org/News__index/news%202006/02%2009%2006%20Geagea%20faces%20lawsuit%20over%20online%20attack%20on%20Muslims.htm"]http://www.lebaneselobby.org/News__index/n...n%20Muslims.htm[/url]

The Lebanese Forces is one of the two strongest Christian Political Parties in Lebanon. I got really mad because she's suing the leader of the political party because of something posted on an unoficial site of theirs. The fact she's suing is idiotic especially since Lebanon is open to free speach and because this is just a normal person from the party. Anyone could get something Hezbollah says and sue them for it and the leaders are the ones who say stupid stuff, not just the followers. Right now the forum is being maintained very heavily. When I asked about it, the post was deleted within 30 minutes of the posting. I think they're just afraid someone will make another comment and she'll add them to the "to be sued" list.

[size=6]
By Nadim Ladki

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of Shi'ite Muslims turned a religious ceremony in Lebanon on Thursday into a protest against cartoons in the Western media lampooning the Prophet Mohammad.

The European Union, trying to calm Muslim anger around the world over the cartoons, called for a voluntary media code of conduct to avoid further inflaming religious sensibilities, while the United States accused Iran and Syria of deliberately stoking Muslim rage.
[b]
The leader of Lebanon's Hizbollah guerrilla group pledged no compromise until there was a full apology from Denmark, where the cartoons first appeared, and European countries passed laws prohibiting insults against the Prophet.
[/b]
"Today, we are defending the dignity of our Prophet with a word, a demonstration, but let (U.S. President) George Bush and the arrogant world know that if we have to ... we will defend our Prophet with our blood, not our voices," Hizbollah guerrilla group leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah told the crowd.

The annual Shi'ite mourning ceremonies mark the death of the Prophet's grandson, Imam Hussein, killed in Kerbala in Iraq 1,300 years ago. Security sources put the turnout in Beirut at 400,000 and similar processions were due throughout the day in other Shi'ite centres, notably in Iraq and Iran.

Aid workers from Denmark were told to stay away from the ceremonies for fear of reprisals, said the Danish Red Cross, which has some 40 Danish staff in Muslim countries. Denmark's Foreign Ministry warned Danes to stay away from Lebanon.

BLASPHEMY OR FREE SPEECH?

Publication of the cartoons, one of which showed the Prophet wearing a turban shaped like a bomb with a burning fuse, has incensed Muslims across the world and led to often violent protests in which at least 11 people have been killed.

The vast majority of Muslims consider any portrayal of their Prophet to be blasphemous, but the publishers of the cartoon, reprinted across Europe and in other parts of the world, have insisted they were just exercising their right to free speech.

"Today I am here to defend the right to offend within the bounds of the law," said Dutch parliamentarian Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

"Many Muslims are peaceful people; not all are fanatics. As far as I am concerned they have every right to be faithful to their convictions. But within Islam exists a hardline Islamist movement that rejects democratic freedoms and wants to destroy them," said the self-styled Muslim dissident.

The foreign ministers of EU presidency holder Austria and overwhelmingly Muslim Turkey said there was a lack of dialogue between the Western and Islamic worlds.

"Both ministers stressed that freedom of expression is a fundamental right. At the same time, they agreed that due respect must be accorded to religious beliefs and convictions.

"Freedom of expression and respect for revered values do not contradict, but complement one another," the ministers said in a joint statement.

The 25-member EU called for the media to adopt a voluntary code of conduct to avoid a repeat of the furore.

By doing so, "the press will give the Muslim world the message: We are aware of the consequences of exercising the right of free expression," European Justice and Security Commissioner Franco Frattini told the Daily Telegraph newspaper. "We can and we are ready to self-regulate that right."

The EU's foreign policy chief Javier Solana is to travel to Muslim nations to try to calm some of the anger. But the United States accused some Muslim countries of fuelling the crisis.

"Iran and Syria have gone out of their way to inflame sentiments and to use this to their own purposes," U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday.

Both countries are at loggerheads with the West and have witnessed attacks on Western embassy buildings. U.S. President George W. Bush urged governments to stop the violence as did Russian President Vladimir Putin during a visit to Madrid.

Indonesian Islamic leaders called on Muslims to refrain from violence. "There may be fire in your heart but your head must be cool," said Din Syamsuddin, the leader of Indonesia's second largest Muslim group, the 30-million-strong Muhammadiyah.

There were also demonstrations against the cartoons in Indonesia, South Africa, Bangladesh, Indian Kashmir and Azerbaijan on Thursday, but all passed off largely peacefully.

The cartoons have appeared in publications in Australia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, France, Fiji, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, the United States, Ukraine and Yemen.

(Reporting by Asian, Middle Eastern, U.S. and European bureaux) [/quote]

I love hezbollah. :lol:
Why do extremists expect soo much?