An Old School Catholic Message Board

Please read.

zabbazooey

BTW, Zooey,

Thank you for this litany. It is in my prayerbook. I sometimes cringe when I read it, because as it was said above, 'ask and you shall receive'. The humiliation aspect always makes me cower! But it makes me pray and ponder, just the same.

God bless you

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 11:10 PM']:blush:  Thank you!

When I first learned about this desire to be loved, my first thought was 'huh?' because everyone wants to be loved.  But nowadays, people have such a distorted view of love.  People 'love' for what they can get out of it rather and are looking FOR the perfect mate instead of BEING the perfect mate.  You know 'Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect.'  Later, I realized that the desire to be loved, for the most part, is a human desire, rather than a spiritual one.  Then, when I felt called to the religious life, and as I've learned more and more about my vocation, although I have a long way to go on my journey. . . .I realize that He wants to be loved, not for what we can 'get' from Him, etc.. . .but simply to be loved for Himself.
[right][snapback]885518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They just don't make 'em like this anymore. Truely, you are a lily amoung thorns PCPA2Be. :saint:

[quote name='Luthien' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:22 AM']They just don't make 'em like this anymore. Truely, you are a lily amoung thorns PCPA2Be.  :saint:
[right][snapback]885779[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:blush:

Stop that! :annoyed: don't you make me cry! LOL

That was very kind of you. . .I'm not sure you said it simply because I'm odd or what. But you are very sweet.

:)

Yours in Christ,

Denise

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 13 2006, 10:31 AM']:blush:
Stop that!  :annoyed:  don't you make me cry!  LOL

That was very kind of you. . .I'm not sure you said it simply because I'm odd or what.  But you are very sweet.

:)

Yours in Christ,

Denise
[right][snapback]885794[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I guess its just that your posts are always so lovely. They inspire me to be a better woman suppose. :)

[quote name='Luthien' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:56 AM']I guess its just that your posts are always so lovely. They inspire me to be a better woman suppose.  :)
[right][snapback]885852[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you. You are a beautiful soul, and God reward you. I try to keep charity in mind at all times. I sometimes fail, because I am not infallible. And I suppose, I am just so on fire for His love, WITH His love, for my vocation, for my Church, that I want to share that with others. Some say that's zeal. . .to others, that's phanaticism! LOL But if I am a fool let me be His fool.

I keep you in prayer, and beg for yours.

His unworthy servant,

Denise