An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hamas takes control in Palestine

son_of_angels

Desert Walker

Here's the main problem with the conflict between Israel and Palestine as I see it.

Does anyone else notice how utterly inactive the United Nations has been in solving this problem? Wasn't the UN founded to solve problems like this? I don't think the UN will actually solve this problem. At least not for BOTH of the parties involved. Does anyone else know about the recent UN press conference (or whatever it was) at which the backdrop was a map showing the Middle East region, WITHOUT the sovereign nation of Israel on it?!

You want my feeling on this whole thing? There's a lot of under -the-table anti-semitism in the UN. The Arab countries are setting the agenda for thw whole organization and nobody can do anything about because these nations are on the General Assembly and have a VOTE. :annoyed:

Poor Israel may not have any choice in the end but defend itself against a decision to eliminate its nationhood. Meanwhile the gangstas in Hamas who now run Palestine can't get their heads out of their Jewish Conspiracy Theory long enough to realize that none of the mature national leaders want ANYBODY to be nationless. But they do want to avoid getting their people blown up. <_<

[quote name='amdgboomer' date='Jan 29 2006, 10:37 PM']Nobody's saying that.  Sadam as a ruthless dictator was one (among several) examples of unrest in the Middle East that clearly have nothing to do with Israel.  Point being, you can't blame the troubles of the middle east on israel. The region has a centuries and centuries long bloody track record.  Anyone who's studied history can see that it didn't start with the formation of Israel.  If anything, you can say it's too bad for the Israelis that their nation was formed in such a violent region[/quote]
True but terrorist groups wouldn't use this as an excuse to do so many things. Theologically speaking, Palestinians believe this land belongs to them. You already know that when something is written in the Koran, extremists will fight for it or use their faith as an excuse to get people to support them. The Middle East blames everything on Israel for a reason(they don't really like them).

[quote]Hamas, similarly, blames the atrocities it commits on Israel.  They say that these horrors wouldn't need to happen if it weren't for Israel.  That common attitude of blaming everything on Israel is ridiculous.  It's also what helped get Hamas into power, and what helps perpetuate the problem of terrorism.
[right][snapback]869857[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, i'm sure they do that. Al qaeda does the same and lies about the conflict between Palestinians and Jews and says its their reason for their atrocities to bring peopl to its cause.

[quote name='Desert Walker' date='Jan 31 2006, 08:55 AM']Here's the main problem with the conflict between Israel and Palestine as I see it.

Does anyone else notice how utterly inactive the United Nations has been in solving this problem?  Wasn't the UN founded to solve problems like this?  I don't think the UN will actually solve this problem.  At least not for BOTH of the parties involved. [/quote]
It's not possible for that to happen unless they live together. And they're not going to live together. Be easy on the UN, they can't do all the impossible things people want them to.
[quote] Does anyone else know about the recent UN press conference (or whatever it was) at which the backdrop was a map showing the Middle East region, WITHOUT the sovereign nation of Israel on it?![/quote]
No, could you show me the conference? I don't see why they'd do that.

[quote]You want my feeling on this whole thing?  There's a lot of under -the-table anti-semitism in the UN.
The Arab countries are setting the agenda for thw whole organization and nobody can do anything about because these nations are on the General Assembly and have a VOTE. :annoyed: [/quote]
True but so far the UN hasn't been that bad about it. In fact they've been ignoring a lot of things Israel has done to go against UN orders toward it.(In other words people from both sides say the UN isn't doing anything).

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Jan 30 2006, 11:43 AM']Yes.
[right][snapback]870153[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes to what? An arguement or a clarification? I never said anything about disobeying the Bible.