An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nakedness

WildCatRupe

Quoting from Genesis, "They were nude but they were not ashamed." Furthermore, because God created it, "The human body can remain nude and uncovered and preserve its splendor and its beauty."

- Pope John Paul II

A series of brief questions concerning nakedness, the human body, and chastity.

All i ask is that, before responding to any other responses, you please post your OWN thoughts and feelings about these questions. I also ask that you really think about these things, rather than just flying by the seat of your pants on gut instinct.

1) Is the human body inherently sexual/erotic? Or is the eroticness of the body a function of some other factor, be it circumstance, environment, mindset or something else?

2) When/where is it appropriate to be undressed?

3) How much of our views on the human body are related to the actuality of the body, rather than culural and social mores?

Just a few questions. more might follow, along with my responses, at some other point. thanks!

Timmy

[quote name='WildCatRupe' date='Jan 26 2006, 01:14 AM']Timmy
[/quote]

Tihm-may! Tim...Tim...Tihm-may! Tihm-mayTihm-may? [i]Tihm-may[/i]!!

Edited by Cow of Shame

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Jan 26 2006, 12:21 AM']Timmah!  Tim...Tim...Timmmah!  Timmahtimmah?  [i]Timmah[/i]!!
[right][snapback]866213[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:huh:

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Jan 26 2006, 12:21 AM']Tihm-may!  Tim...Tim...Tihm-may!  Tihm-mayTihm-may?  [i]Tihm-may[/i]!!
[right][snapback]866213[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_pound:

[quote name='philothea' date='Jan 26 2006, 01:28 AM']:spike:
[right][snapback]866222[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
very nice lol

THAT smiley I might use.

I was pondering this yetserday night. If God made us in His image, why should we be ashamed when we are nude? I look forward to whoever can explain this...

It's all the Puritans' fault.

I have no problem with nudity. Though personally I dislike being undressed. It's not comfy. :cold: