An Old School Catholic Message Board

Conservatives Only

ironmonk

Why is it that it seems like liberals totally miss the point when facts are given or even when we voice our opinon?

They completely draw the wrong illogical conclusions. They pull a topic out of left field that is remotely related to the topic at hand and try to argue as if you were attacking the left field topic?

You know the analogy "read between the lines", it's like they try to do that but they ad-lib in things that you do not even imply. They ignore context and focus on one point. When debating with them their rebuttals seem like they are trying to describe the Sistine Chapel through a key hole using Google Earth. It is like you mention the twelve apostles and they accuse you of helping Judas.

Does anyone else ever get that feeling with trying to talk to liberals?

Oh, I know they're going to look at this and some might think they are funny by trying to turn this back onto me... but we all know who can back their stance up with Scripture, Church Documents, and the Early Church Fathers... So I don't need to argue with those liberals that post here.

I am genuinely interested how many of you often feel the same way. I have gotten a few emails from a few here that I totally respect their opinions and I am grateful that they emailed me. Then I got to wondering how many of us on here get the above feeling with trying to talk to them.

It's like the dots are not getting connected and logical conclusions fail to be drawn when dealing with most liberals.

God Bless :D
ironmonk
[url="http://www.CatholicSwag.com"]http://www.CatholicSwag.com[/url] <-Catholic shirts that make baptists wish they were Catholic

Why is it that it seems like conservatives totally miss the point when facts are given or even when we voice our opinon?

They completely draw the wrong illogical conclusions. They pull a topic out of left field that is remotely related to the topic at hand and try to argue as if you were attacking the left field topic?

You know the analogy "read between the lines", it's like they try to do that but they ad-lib in things that you do not even imply. They ignore context and focus on one point. When debating with them their rebuttals seem like they are trying to describe the Sistine Chapel through a key hole using Google Earth. It is like you mention the twelve apostles and they accuse you of helping Judas.

Does anyone else ever get that feeling with trying to talk to conservatives?

Oh, I know they're going to look at this and some might think they are funny by trying to turn this back onto me... but we all know who can back their stance up with Scripture, Church Documents, and the Early Church Fathers... So I don't need to argue with those conservatives that post here.

I am genuinely interested how many of you often feel the same way. I have gotten a few emails from a few here that I totally respect their opinions and I am grateful that they emailed me. Then I got to wondering how many of us on here get the above feeling with trying to talk to them.

It's like the dots are not getting connected and logical conclusions fail to be drawn when dealing with most conservatives.

God Bless :D
Sojourner

[quote]Why is it that it seems like conservatives totally miss the point when facts are given or even when we voice our opinon?

They completely draw the wrong illogical conclusions. They pull a topic out of left field that is remotely related to the topic at hand and try to argue as if you were attacking the left field topic?[/quote]
Well, for one, I think that conservatives actually pull out topics from right field and not left. :P:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Krostandt' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:38 PM']Well, for one, I think that conservatives actually pull out topics from right field and not left.  :P:
[right][snapback]866167[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You read my mind... :shock: :lol:

[quote name='Krostandt' date='Jan 26 2006, 12:38 AM']Well, for one, I think that conservatives actually pull out topics from right field and not left.  :P:
[right][snapback]866167[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Good point. If I'd done a better edit, I'd have caught that!

:D:

What is with the political nature of so many of these topics? Does it really drive people that much?? Isn't the Church, and the fact that we're all Catholics supercede all these political banterings?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 26 2006, 12:36 AM']What's the topic for debate?
[right][snapback]866164[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

beeyatching about liberals? Perhaps the debate is how hard you hit them with a hammer while trying to explain why Republicans are such a loving bunch.

"But I do!" [i]smack[/i] "love!" [i]smack[/i] "my!" [i]smack[/i] "neighbor!!" [i]smacksmack[/i] "as!" [i]smack[/i] "myself!" [i]smack[/i]

"I just don't think the government should make all the decisions on how [i]my[/i] money should be spent!!" [i]smacksmacksmack![/i]

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:44 PM']beeyatching about liberals?  Perhaps the debate is how hard you hit them with a hammer while trying to explain why Republicans are such a loving bunch.

"But I do!" [i]smack[/i]  "love!" [i]smack[/i] "my!" [i]smack[/i] "neighbor!!" [i]smacksmack[/i] "as!" [i]smack[/i] "myself!" [i]smack[/i]

"I just don't think the government should make all the decisions on how [i]my[/i] money should be spent!!"  [i]smacksmacksmack![/i]
[right][snapback]866174[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:getaclue: :boink:

[quote name='philothea' date='Jan 26 2006, 12:51 AM']Could you please post a list of the liberals you don't want looking here?  Just for reference.
[right][snapback]866179[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

lol

but if they look & find their name in here, it's already too late, isn't it?

[quote name='philothea' date='Jan 26 2006, 12:51 AM']Could you please post a list of the liberals you don't want looking here?  Just for reference.
[right][snapback]866179[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm sure I'm on the list.

Which is somewhat ironic, since this is the ONLY place in the world that I'd be considered a liberal ...

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:55 PM']I'm sure I'm on the list.

Which is somewhat ironic, since this is the ONLY place in the world that I'd be considered a liberal ...
[right][snapback]866183[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I thought the communist manifesto you presented at the last meeting was rather conservative

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Jan 25 2006, 10:54 PM']lol

but if they look & find their name in here, it's already too late, isn't it?
[right][snapback]866182[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Maybe he could send a PM? I just don't want to upset anyone. After all, this [i]is[/i] an awfully inflammatory post in the Debate Table. Wouldn't want to start an argument!