An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters of St. Paul

Laurentina1975

Laurentina1975

That is so cool that they do that for young people. I am 30, so I am old and can't attend because...well I am old...but I think it is so cool that the Sisters do that for the younger people. Whether or not a younger person has a religious vocation, the experience is there. I think all young people need to have access to religious because religious life is a viable option.

The Daughters of St. Paul rock. :punk:

I'll let everyone know how my meeting and movie with them goes on Friday the 3rd. :popcorn:

Whooo hooo....

In JMJ...
L.

photosynthesis

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Jan 25 2006, 05:58 PM']Discerned with them...................?????????????

I KNOW them! Sister Donna Jean! She is currently in Rome getting ready to be perpetually professed in a few months. I'm going through a withdrawal with her being gone, I know their family, I rode with Sister Donna Jean and her mom to the (what do you guess!) Vocations Camp.
[right][snapback]865871[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sister Donna Jean... I think I might have spent some time with her.... was she in the Manhattan convent? I used to spend a lot of time hanging out with those sisters in their bookstore.

Sr. Donna Jean was in St. Louis before she was sent to Rome!!!! I met her in St. Louis over 3 yrs ago!!!!! She was hte Kewlest and so was Sr. Denise!!!!! Sr. Raymond was the kewlest too!!! I miss them all!!!! i'm bout to cry!!!!! :weep: :weep:

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Jan 26 2006, 06:40 PM']Not no more they dont!!!!
[right][snapback]866929[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What do mean by your comment? :idontknow:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Jan 26 2006, 11:31 AM']Sr. Donna Jean was in St. Louis before she was sent to Rome!!!! I met her in St. Louis over 3 yrs ago!!!!! She was hte Kewlest and so was Sr. Denise!!!!! Sr. Raymond was the kewlest too!!! I miss them all!!!!  i'm bout to cry!!!!! :weep:  :weep:
[right][snapback]866623[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

AWESOME! I know, she is so adorable...I want to cry, I actually did after I called Sister Donna Jean who was packing on that day I called her.

Laurentina1975

+JMJ+

Sr. Bernadette is there now and she has a blog about her studies in Rome (it's soo cool).

[url="http://www.bernadetteinrome.blogspot.com/"]Sr. Bernadette's Blog![/url]

I love their apostolate and their charism!

:soccer:

Peace...Lauren

[quote name='passionheart' date='Jan 26 2006, 06:21 PM']What do mean by your comment? :idontknow:
[right][snapback]866965[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

what i mean, was when i was discerning with them, i thought they were the kewlest and awesome people that i woudl ever meet. well that changed after i really got to know them after 2 yrs!!!!! i still consider them as kewl people but after how they treated me, i honestly dont consider them as the greatest people i know.

thats all, i kinda get jealous at people who are discerning withthem because they have seomthing i dont.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Jan 27 2006, 07:28 AM']Would that having anything to do with their music sixtina? Just askiing, no harm done.
[right][snapback]867389[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What anything to do with their music??? HA, thats the funniest thing i have ever heard!!!!! I love their music and i havea few of their CDs!!!!! I for one love music and that not a reason for me. the reason is more on a personal level.

lauren since you are going on friday...i dont have to work...i should go to....um...HOLD your hand?.....yeah....Hold your hand!!!!!!! Because i know you will need that little sister support from yours truly!!!!

Back when I started college, I looked into them because I was a journalism major (for a semester), and their work seemed to be the same kind of work I wanted to do. I was on their mailing list for the longest time, but I just didn't feel called to them.

Sr. Donna Jean is a sweetheart. I met her when I stayed for a summer mini-session in Steubenville. She (and a bunch of other Sisters from various orders) lived in the dorm and took classes.