An Old School Catholic Message Board

Seek Holiness.com

srmarymichael

srmarymichael

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Jan 24 2006, 04:19 PM']Blessings Sr. Mary Michael!    :)
[right][snapback]864822[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Blessings to you too! :saint:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 25 2006, 09:30 AM']Blessings to you too!  :saint:
[right][snapback]865456[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That was the CUTEST video ever!
:lol_roll:

srmarymichael

I just want to point out that this Vocation website is called "Seekholiness" for a reason. Their philosophy (did I spell that right?) is to [b]seek holiness first in your life[/b], and then God will take you to your Vocation. Cool, huh?

Sometimes I get the impression that some of you are trying too hard to hear God's call -- instead you should be trying hard to be holy, and the call will take care of itself.

:saint:

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 30 2006, 11:08 AM']I just want to point out that this Vocation website is called "Seekholiness" for a reason.  Their philosophy (did I spell that right?) is to [b]seek holiness first in your life[/b], and then God will take you to your Vocation.  Cool, huh? 

Sometimes I get the impression that some of you are trying too hard to hear God's call -- instead you should be trying hard to be holy, and the call will take care of itself.

[right][snapback]870046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sister, you are sooooooo right!!! I realized looking back at my vocation walk that was my major source of frustration. I was so caught up as to where I should be and what I should be that God became secondary.
I didn't seek first the Kingdom of God because I was caught up in what I would DO FOR GOD!!!

It didn't take very long for the true desire for the will of God to change to my project to decipher God's will for me. I acted as if my vocation was locked in a vault and my mission, if I decided to accept it, was to figure out the right moves to open this vault. Needless to say, I have shed some bitter tears not mention in no uncertain terms telling God about my bitterness and disappointment in my life. :ohno:

Well, now my vocation walk is about holiness, that is, it is about love. Where am I being lead so that I can grow closer and more in love with my Beloved.

Believe me my friends it has made all the difference. :cloud9:

Edited by passionheart

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 30 2006, 10:08 AM']I just want to point out that this Vocation website is called "Seekholiness" for a reason.  Their philosophy (did I spell that right?) is to [b]seek holiness first in your life[/b], and then God will take you to your Vocation.  Cool, huh? 

[right][snapback]870046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice Sister! It's always a good reminder!

I think heaven and hell are a bit like that too. God never sent anybody to hell we find our own way there one step at a time. He doesn't force us to go to heaven either though.

Living holy lives is the best way to allow God to guide us. We must remember that the Grace God gives us is a motivating force. The Catechism states: grace is at work in us and SPURS us on to ever greater faith and an attitude of trustful poverty(2005)."

God gives us grace to assist us in living the lives that He is asking us to live. It is not soley up to us to figure it out. God is with us and assisting us in the process. We often need to stop forcing the issue and trust God's process.

srmarymichael

[quote name='frjeff' date='Jan 31 2006, 06:05 AM']Living holy lives is the best way to allow God to guide us.  We must remember that the Grace God gives us is a motivating force.  The Catechism states: grace is at work in us and SPURS us on to ever greater faith and an attitude of trustful poverty(2005)."

God gives us grace to assist us in living the lives that He is asking us to live.  It is not soley up to us to figure it out.  God is with us and assisting us in the process.  We often need to stop forcing the issue and trust God's process.
[right][snapback]870796[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Awesome! It's good to have you here to help explain things!!! :topsy:

Thank You Sister for sharing this site and for your words of wisdom, and guidance! and Thank you Father for your wonderful guidance as well! God Bless You Both!