An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is it possible for a True Catholic not to be a

Aloysius

Go Seahawks! So many of us faithful Seattle Catholics who have been Seahawk fans for 30 years, have offered the agony of so many losses up to God as Penance.

Now it is time for a Super Bowl Indulgence! Go Seahawks!

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jan 22 2006, 02:55 PM']The only team in the NFL that a Catholic can rightfully cheer for is the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Founded by Art Rooney, a faithful Catholic, son of coal miners and steel workers, on a win at the race tracks... still kept run by his family (though Dan ain't too great, you gotta admire family ownership!)... the Steelers are the only football team in this protestant world that a faithful Catholic should cheer for.  Their summer training takes place at a Catholic college and monastery, St. Vincents.  Name any other team in the NFL a faithful Catholic can support in good conscience AGAINST the steelers.

okay, so you can support your hometown team with a good conscience, unless they come against the steelers.  then your Catholic faith should take over and you should raise a terrible towell in one hand and an alluminum bottle of delicious Iron City and foresake your hometown team.  It really is the only faithful Catholic option.
[right][snapback]863428[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Your abolutely right. Art Rooney was awesome. He walked every day from the North side to daily Mass and then to three rivers stadium. They have a rosary of his on display at the museum.

Anyway, everyone should support the steelers, becaseu they are totally awesome and they're totally going to win the super bowl.

GO STEELERS!!!!!
:clap: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :taco2: :yahoo:

cmotherofpirl

We had a little pep rally scheduled here last night to send the Steelers off to Motown.
About 35,000 people showed up :D:
Happy Birthday Art Rooney Sr. :)

[url="http://www.steelersinhoboken.com/Fight_Songs.htm"]http://www.steelersinhoboken.com/Fight_Songs.htm[/url]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jan 27 2006, 02:29 PM']let her be ANATHEMA!!!
[right][snapback]867673[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling: I'll tell her you said so. :P:

Her sister loves the Steelers, though...she wants her to kidnap the QB while she's up here...

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jan 28 2006, 11:21 AM']:rolling:  I'll tell her you said so. :P:

Her sister loves the Steelers, though...she wants her to kidnap the QB while she's up here...
[right][snapback]868560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
She can have him AFTER the game :D:

I just want to say that I'm glad that there shall be football played right here in good ol' Detroit.

Because I'm not sure that is what the Lions play.

HomeTeamFamily

agree with all the packers support

also, one of the retired priests at the church i go to in charlotte says mass for the carolina panthers, whose head athletic trainer is a catholic, and that connection got me able to do a mini-camp internship with them last summer

[/thread]