An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is it possible for a True Catholic not to be a

Aloysius

The only team in the NFL that a Catholic can rightfully cheer for is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Founded by Art Rooney, a faithful Catholic, son of coal miners and steel workers, on a win at the race tracks... still kept run by his family (though Dan ain't too great, you gotta admire family ownership!)... the Steelers are the only football team in this protestant world that a faithful Catholic should cheer for. Their summer training takes place at a Catholic college and monastery, St. Vincents. Name any other team in the NFL a faithful Catholic can support in good conscience AGAINST the steelers.

okay, so you can support your hometown team with a good conscience, unless they come against the steelers. then your Catholic faith should take over and you should raise a terrible towell in one hand and an alluminum bottle of delicious Iron City and foresake your hometown team. It really is the only faithful Catholic option.

The Patriots have beat the Steelers three times in the Playoffs the last 10 years, twice in Pittsburgh, in AFC Championship games.

Good always wins over evil.

Oh, and Tom Brady is Catholic. 'Nuff said.

That's only because Cowher secretly just wanted to coach the pro-bowl.

Of course, in the end good wins over evil... but evil generally gets a few vicotries in the meantime.

Of course, the Patriots have lost two superbowls, we've only lost one. We have four superbowls, the Patriots have three. We're about to get our fifth.

See how that works, good triumphs in the end ;)

cmotherofpirl

A football player died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity." said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." The football player felt special and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house. It was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Steeler flag and in every window, a Terrible towel. The player looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but, why does Art Rooney get a better house than me?" God chuckled, and said "That 's not Art's house, it's mine."

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 22 2006, 06:30 PM']A football player died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity." said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." The football player felt special and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house. It was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Steeler flag and in every window, a Terrible towel. The player looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but, why does Art Rooney get a better house than me?" God chuckled, and said "That 's not Art's house, it's mine."
[right][snapback]863495[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 22 2006, 11:19 PM']Favre may not be a Packer anymore.
[right][snapback]863699[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ninja puuuleese!

More reason to support Packers. The new coach Mike McCarthy is Catholic too!

"From the beginning, McCarthy knew of no other way. He grew up in a working-class, Catholic family that included two parents, a brother and three sisters. He admitted on Thursday that he thought everyone was raised that way."

[url="http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_24263434.shtml"]http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_24263434.shtml[/url]

Plus, the Packer's coach for the last several years, Mike Sherman:

"You set a culture a certain way on your team," says Sherman, [b]a devout Catholic who attends Mass daily.[/b] "I think most players like structure, they like discipline. They might not admit it, but they know that that's what makes them successful."

[url="http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/092002/3rd_goal.asp"]http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/092002/3rd_goal.asp[/url]

Hmmm.... Looks like the PACKERS have a trend of hiring Catholics to run things. hahaha

Go pack!

goldenchild17

As long as Denver loses I'm good :). Although, if we're playin this game... Mike Shanahan, Denver's coach is Catholic and supposedly attends daily mass...

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 23 2006, 12:32 AM']I hate the Steelers.
[right][snapback]863726[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you will get purgatory time for saying that. :)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='dUSt' date='Jan 23 2006, 12:14 AM']Packers.
Favre is Catholic.
Favre [b]is[/b] the Packers.
= Packers are Catholic.

Go pack!
[right][snapback]863695[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
HSMom likes Phatmass... HSMom keeps mouth shut... HSMom leaves thread quietly...