An Old School Catholic Message Board

Complete list of approved traditional Orders

brendan1104

srmarymichael

Why is this the "complete" list of traditional orders? Am I missing something? (I know a bunch of Communities not listed here, including mine.....) Just curious.

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 20 2006, 09:22 PM']Why is this the "complete" list of traditional orders?  Am I missing something?  (I know a bunch of Communities not listed here, including mine.....)  Just curious.
[right][snapback]862418[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hi srmarymichael,

Always good to see a sister hangin' out. Jump into all the boards when you can, your perspective is always welcome and is VERY necessary.

I'll add you to my prayer list of those in consecrated and ordained life.

Cam42

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 20 2006, 09:22 PM']Why is this the "complete" list of traditional orders?  Am I missing something?  (I know a bunch of Communities not listed here, including mine.....)  Just curious.
[right][snapback]862418[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sister... unless I'm mistaken your community does not have the Tridentine Liturgy- i.e. Mass, Divine Office, Calendar of Feasts and Seasons, etc. especially as published in the 1962 books.

By the way, my position on tradition is very confused right now.

Edited by brendan1104

So basically this is a list of trads in union with Rome? :cool:

btw, brendan, here's another one you might be interested in, I think they primarily use the Missal of 1962, but they're really new, so they aren't on your list.
[url="http://www.societycantius.org/SSJC-Info.htm"]The Society of St. John Cantius[/url]
They're based in Chicago.

the list was compiled as of late 2004, and St John Cantius doesnt use the 62 books exclusively they also have the novus ordo. that's why they're not on the list.

srmarymichael

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 20 2006, 08:51 PM']Hi srmarymichael,

Always good to see a sister hangin' out.  Jump into all the boards when you can, your perspective is always welcome and is VERY necessary.

I'll add you to my prayer list of those in consecrated and ordained life.

Cam42
[right][snapback]862428[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks! May God reward you!

srmarymichael

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 20 2006, 10:03 PM']Sister... unless I'm mistaken your community does not have the Tridentine Liturgy- i.e. Mass, Divine Office, Calendar of Feasts and Seasons, etc. especially as published in the 1962 books.

[right][snapback]862456[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sorry, "traditional" means something very different to me.... I guess I have a different vocabulary. God bless you! :saint:

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:15 AM']Sorry, "traditional" means something very different to me....  I guess I have a different vocabulary.  God bless you!  :saint:
[right][snapback]863914[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am interested in knowing what "traditional" means to you Sister. As a married woman I have things pop into my mind with this word, but I would love to hear what it means to you and your Sisters.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 20 2006, 09:03 PM']Sister... unless I'm mistaken your community does not have the Tridentine Liturgy- i.e. Mass, Divine Office, Calendar of Feasts and Seasons, etc. especially as published in the 1962 books.

[right][snapback]862456[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ah, the whole Latin spree thing - unless I'm mistaken there are a ton more communities who still hold Tridentine Liturgy, most of which I know come off the back of being traditonalist (from the centuries ago)[b]contemplatives.[/b]

srmarymichael

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' date='Jan 25 2006, 05:13 PM']I am interested in knowing what "traditional" means to you Sister.  As a married woman I have things pop into my mind  with this word, but I would love to hear what it means to you and your Sisters.
[right][snapback]865901[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"Traditional" to me means basically --
A Community that upholds the truths of the Roman Catholic Church, obeys and supports the Magisterium, prays the rosary (is Marian), has daily Mass and common prayers, and usually wears a habit. Some people call it "orthodox" or authentic.

There are many Communities like this -- we are all striving to be holy by studying the documents of the Church and doing everything that is asked of us by the Church, living true Community Life, and living our vows and the Rule of Life that we have taken vows to.

The reason why I said "usually wears a habit" above: We had a retreat master that summed this up: "Wearing a habit no more makes you a Sister than wearing window shades makes you a window." We have to remember that holiness is much deeper than what we wear.

Did I answer your question?

Edited by srmarymichael

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:15 AM']Sorry, "traditional" means something very different to me....  I guess I have a different vocabulary.  God bless you!  :saint:
[right][snapback]863914[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Brendan has a different definition than most people :)