An Old School Catholic Message Board

Indian Female Abortions

Kismet

Indian Bishop Appalled at Scope of Selective Abortions

NEW DELHI, India, JAN. 17, 2006 (Zenit.org).- A bishops' conference official expressed shock at a study in a British medical journal on selective abortions in India and stressed the need for ethics in the health care profession.

A recent study published in The Lancet revealed that in the last 20 years, 10 million girls were not born in India due to selective abortion.

Although prohibited by law, this practice of prenatal selection and selective abortion is carried out in numerous hospitals and clinics, according to the AsiaNews agency.

Bishop Percival Fernandez, secretary-general of the episcopal conference and a former director of St. John's Medical College in the state of Bangalore, stressed the need for "an ethical system" in the medical profession.

The prelate said he is "seriously concerned" about the magnitude of the abortion problem in India.

"It is a reflection on the decadent morality of society; people's conscience has been dulled," he told AsiaNews. "Aborting a male or female fetus is one and the same crime against human life and the Creator."

Father Babu Joseph, spokesman for the episcopate, said: "Remedial measures are to be urgently taken to put an end to this silent dance of death on female fetuses."ZE06011704 email this article: [url="http://www.zenit.org/english/send_friend/index.phtml?sid=82949"]http://www.zenit.org/english/send_friend/i...phtml?sid=82949[/url]

This is sad, but it's not the only one, China, and I believe Korea, as well as some Middle Eastern countries are guilty of this as well. Women complain about losing their rights if abortion is illegal but they forget about the women who will never have their rights because they were brutally murdered before they were even born :ohno:

You're correct...I use this situation to challenge pro-abortionists in their illogic and lack of compassion. It's amazing to think that pro-abortionists somehow are upset at this trend towards killing female fetuses. I am quick to remind them that if these fetuses aren't human, then they can't be female. Hopefully this will give them pause to think about their mistakes.