An Old School Catholic Message Board

religious symbols

Sixtina87

The Holy Spirit Adoration sisters have the symbol of the holy spirit on their ring and of course the greatest of their symbols is the PINK habit (actually rose colored), which is where they get their nickname the Pink Sisters.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='passionheart' date='Jan 21 2006, 02:54 PM']Now, I know there are other cords such as to St. Philomena. Anyone  else wear one of these cords?
[right][snapback]862813[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have the St. Philomena cord :) Some Sisters made it for me :)

[quote name='TeresaAvila' date='Feb 1 2006, 05:45 PM']The Holy Spirit Adoration sisters have the symbol of the holy spirit on their ring and of course the greatest of their symbols is the PINK habit (actually rose colored), which is where they get their nickname the Pink Sisters.
[right][snapback]872394[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i have heard of religious sister having the pink like color as a habit but i have never seen it. do they have a website??? jw

Edited by Sixtina87

[url="http://www.mountgraceconvent.org/"]Mount Grace Convent[/url]

That's the link to the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters in St. Louis. We all call them the Pink Sisters. They are cloistered, and when they are in the cloister, they wear a pink habit. When they were out for the Papal Mass in 1999, they wore a grey habit, but pink scarves so that people knew who they were.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 21 2006, 06:17 PM']The jokes on me.  :D

They are putting on her veil.  Her hair is in a bun.  The tonsure comes this December, on the 8th.

You're all invited!
[right][snapback]862950[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The TONSURE! Waitaminute! No one ever told me I'd have to get a tonsure! :lol_roll:

So, Dad, is she going to give her hair to locks of love? My hair is almost to the middle of my back. Another year???? Yea, it might be long enough to donate it. :unsure:

I love the Monstrance the vowed PCPA sisters wear. That's a true symbol for them. . .and how they, when they are solemnly professed, receive and wear a simple wedding band on their right ring finger. Right. . .to symbolize their countercultural commitment to Jesus.

hmmm and what about those orders who wear the scapular of our Lady? What a symbol that is!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 9 2006, 05:11 PM']The TONSURE!  Waitaminute!  No one ever told me I'd have to get a tonsure!  :lol_roll:

So, Dad, is she going to give her hair to locks of love?  My hair is almost to the middle of my back.  Another year????  Yea, it might be long enough to donate it.  :unsure:
[right][snapback]882115[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Denise,

Yes, she is going to donate her hair to locks of love. It sounds like her hair is about the same length as yours. You can kind of get an idea here.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/IMG_2160.jpg[/img]

Well, God bless Sister Lauren. I'll have to remember her, after I enter, in case we ever meet.

While my hair is long and curly, I'm afraid there might be a wee bit of grey in there, so I don't think Locks of Love would accept it.