An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism Against Itself

2tim215

Laudate_Dominum

Basically if you have any real interest in history (and not just fictitious hate literature) you will see that the chain of heretics that some claim establishes protestantism as the "ancient" faith is sheer fantasy and absurdity. Why do you think that credible protestant (including baptist) historians don't even attempt to go that route? They realize that its idiotic.

According to [i]A History of Christianity[/i], by Baptist historian Kenneth Scott Latourette:

[i]The Cathari [of which the Albigensians were a variant] were dualists, believing that there are two eternal powers, the one good and the other evil, that the visible world is the creation of the evil power, and that the spiritual world is the work of the good power . . .
They held that since flesh is evil, Christ could not have had a real body or have died a real death[/i]

And according to [i]The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church[/i]:

[i]Their doctrine in its purest form was strongly dualist, akin to the Manichaean beliefs, and they rejected the flesh and material creation as evil ... [they taught that] Christ was an angel with a phantom body who, consequently, did not suffer or rise again, and whose redemptive work consisted only in teaching man the true (i.e., Albigensian) doctrine.
Rejecting the sacraments, the doctrines of hell, purgatory, and the resurrection of the body, and believing that all matter was bad, their moral doctrine was of extreme rigorism, condemning marriage, the use of meat, milk, eggs, and other animal produce.[/i]

This is really just the beginning. The books you mentioned are probably about 80% fiction, lies and distortions.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:50 PM']Anyway, these are just a couple of the many fictions contained in Foxe's book (and repeated in many other books of this class, as well as the famous Jack Chick tracts). It's too bad that so many protestants get their education in history from comic books.  :ohno:
[right][snapback]858211[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

well said... maybe tim will give you a real response instead of skipping the last one on call no man father.

But probably not. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:59 PM']There are two different types of Protestants - rational and irrational. Tim is utterly irrational and isn't interested in dialogue. And as someone else said. We love Protestants :)
[right][snapback]858215[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually, we love everyone.

Really.

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='desertwoman' date='Jan 16 2006, 05:08 PM']How embarrasing.  This makes me ashamed of being a protestant.
[right][snapback]858132[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Aww, its ok, we love you :D: Don't think for a second we're going to hold him against you :P:

[quote name='JeffCR07' date='Jan 15 2006, 04:34 PM']2tim215, I would be happy to discuss with you any one of the different arguments you bring up, if you are willing to stick to the subject with me. Would you like to discuss the Pope or the question of calling no man "Father"?
[right][snapback]856909[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Jeff IF you READ "The" Holy Bible, You will find this: Lk.16:31; Mt. 23:9. And the words are from the Mouth of The Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Why don't you heed Him? Mt. 23:12 Who do you know that exalts himself as the Vicar of Christ, and God on earth?

[quote name='JeffCR07' date='Jan 17 2006, 07:32 AM']Aww, its ok, we love you  :D:  Don't think for a second we're going to hold him against you  :P:
[right][snapback]858540[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Woman you don't READ your Bible either do you?

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 17 2006, 08:56 AM']You accuse others of not reading when you blatantly ignore parts yourself.
[right][snapback]858563[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
EXACTLY which parts have I ignored?

Oddly enough I'm actually surprised this is still going on. More the fool me... :ohno:

[quote]With them indeed is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah that says:
“You will indeed listen, but never understand,
  and you will indeed look, but never perceive.
For this people’s heart has grown dull,
  and their ears are hard of hearing,
    and they have shut their eyes;
    so that they might not look with their eyes,
  and listen with their ears,
and understand with their heart and turn—
  and I would heal them.”
[b]Matthew 13:14-15[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:34 AM']Well, no Library in my city has the book. So I am not going to go and get it. However I do not think there is a need based on the lack of clarity and charity from our guest.
[right][snapback]857557[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Mars Hill Bookstore, 698 Cox Creek Parkway, Florence Alabama, 35630 Ph3 1-800-321-4587 $32.60

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:34 AM']Well, no Library in my city has the book. So I am not going to go and get it. However I do not think there is a need based on the lack of clarity and charity from our guest.
[right][snapback]857557[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Mars Hill Bookstore, 698 Cox Creek Parkway, Florence Alabama, 35630 Ph# 1-800-321-4587 $32.60

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:53 AM']Yes, we gathered as much. Unfortunately you are so afraid of the truth the Bible speaks (compared to your own private interpretation) that you are totally unwilling to discuss, calmly and intelligantly the Christian faith. And you are quite unaware of the history of your own Church. I converted to Catholicism from the Baptist Church. You come from a Protestant background. Your founder (unlike our founder, Jesus Christ) is Ulrich Zwingli a Protestant Reformer. You should know the history of your own sect.

I'm sorry you feel the need to lie about what Catholics believe. That doesn't say much at all for your position. You can't even address the questions and claims we bring up. We are Catholics after all, we know what we believe.

but go on your merry way. You aren't going to effect anyone here. We will just shake our head that here has come and gone another anti-Catholic zealot completely incapable of having a conversation and discussing the beliefs that we each hold to. Just becuase you study one faith doesn't mean you are going to convert to it. You can study Mormonism without becoming Mormon. In fact, you can even read what Mormons believe from the mormon sect and ask them questions. You can do all that, remain intellectually honest, and not become Mormon. But you can't do that with Catholicism can you? Becuase you are afraid of finding out that the Bible doesn't say what you try to force it to say. You are afraid of the truth?

Perhaps I'm being too harsh, but I'm offering you a challenge to better yourself, be intellectually honest, and grow as a person, Catholic or not.
[right][snapback]857593[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
VERY convenient Religion isn't it? You can live like the Devil and just ask a MAN to for give you and give him money! Alls well there is no HELL!

[quote name='2tim215' date='Jan 17 2006, 08:59 AM']EXACTLY which parts have I ignored?
[right][snapback]858565[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

From the King James

[quote]18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

[/quote]

[quote name='2tim215' date='Jan 17 2006, 07:51 AM']Woman you don't READ your Bible either do you?
[right][snapback]858561[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

I do more than just read the Bible. I do my best to live like Jesus, and I try to do this everyday.

If you read it too, you would know about the nine fruits of the spirit and bestow and show that through and through regardless of what conduit you use, may it be internet or in person.

So to answer your question once more, yes I do read my Bible. But I also try to live the way Yeshua tells us to live.