An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism Against Itself

2tim215

[quote name='musturde' date='Jan 17 2006, 03:47 PM']Why was he banned? Now i'm going to remain bored for the rest of the week :( Where I come from, calling someone a pimp is a good thing.... even if his context was in a weird almost literal way. See, if I said, "the Pope's a pimp". That would go under the category of "cool" or "flippin' awesome".

Lets ask Urban Dictionary about it:

As an adjective: If somethin' is pimpin', it's pretty darn cool. It's probably something "normal" that's tricked out ghettolicious and gawdy.
Basically, you look very ghettofab and blingbling.

However, as a verb
1.) to pimp something out is to *make* it look very ghettofab and all that nifty stuff in the above paragraph.
2.) to pimp is to advertise (generally, in an enthusiastic sense) or to call attention in order to bring acclaim to something; to promote.

[right][snapback]859052[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If you are being serious, then you must consider he was not saying the Pope was cool or popular or kidding.

Besides, calling something pimp and meaning it as cool is degrading to woman as it implies pimps are cool.

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Jan 17 2006, 03:52 PM']If you are being serious, then you must consider he was not saying the Pope was cool or popular or kidding.

Besides, calling something pimp and meaning it as cool is degrading to woman as it implies pimps are cool.
[right][snapback]859061[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know, I was messing around.

Btw, It doesn't imply pimps are cool. It's just a different meaning that came along through evolution(Darwinism). Just like many words we use today were once bad but now are acceptable.

Thanks for the love yall. But I just can't stand it when ignorance like this sheers its ugly head.

I know I shouldn't feed the troll either Myles, but sometimes passion just takes over.

Plus, will the banning of tiny tim cause more fuel to the fire?

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 17 2006, 04:19 PM']a bad one
[right][snapback]859014[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Not at all, it is a very good example. There are strong parallels, but I won't get into it on this thread.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 18 2006, 08:32 AM']Not at all, it is a very good example. There are strong parallels, but I won't get into it on this thread.
[right][snapback]859620[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to get into it on the plethora of political threads

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 18 2006, 08:34 AM']I won't hold my breath waiting for you to get into it on the plethora of political threads
[right][snapback]859624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Does someone need a hug?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 18 2006, 08:41 AM']can we just let this thread die, please? Or at least stay on topic.
[right][snapback]859634[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

aww. now even hot stuff's gotta know he was asking for that one. all in good fun. :idontknow:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 18 2006, 08:48 AM']Oh I know... I just think with a topic as delicious as this one, we need to stay on it.
[right][snapback]859638[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

We have to wait until tim gets unsuspended too, else there is no one to listen to their anti-catholic rhetoric.