An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love

shortnun

Somewhere in this forum, someone recently mentioned the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love in New Hampshire.. I googled them and found [url="http://www.stcharleshome.org/"]the webite for the home they have for abused/neglected children.[/url] I found a few newspaper articles about them too. HOWEVER, I can't find a website for them. I even looked in the CMSWR site to check their database, and I got nothing.

Anyone know about the sisters?

:idontknow:

I did an internet search that turned up no results.

I do, however, have an address for them if you are interested in writing them.

:) i was the one that made the mention, i believe. i have their pamphlet! if you are interested, let me know and I will type it out for you! they are sooo awesome!!!! :D:

[quote name='stuckinamo' date='Jan 9 2006, 02:50 PM']:) i was the one that made the mention, i believe.  i have their pamphlet!  if you are interested, let me know and I will type it out for you!  they are sooo awesome!!!! :D:
[right][snapback]850679[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I tried to do a search to see who mentioned them, but nothing came up! Thanks, and yes please, if it's not too much bother, I'd love to read what the pamphlet says. :)

sure!

"Daughters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love

Our calling is to lead those who are part of the broken body of Christ to wholeness. The Daughters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love is a private Association of Catholic Women living according to the evangelical counself of chastity, poverty, and obedience. The Sisters' lives are modeled on that of Mary, the Immaculate Conception, who through her openness to the Spirit's charisms, and her prayers and good works desires to bring God's Healing Love to all. 'It is Yahweh who speaks--I will be a wall of fire for her all around her, and I will be her glory in the midst of her.' - Zechariah 2:5 The Sisters are consecrated to Jesus through Mary, and their specific mission is taking care of abused and neglected children.
*Prayer
*Consecration to Mary
*Life in Spirit
*Poverty, Chastity, Obedience
*Defense of Human Life
*Care of Children
If you would like to visit St. Charles Children's Home in Rochester, NH and meet the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love, please contact us.

Mother Paul Marie, DMML
St. Charles Children's Home
19 Grant St.
Rochester, NH

dmmlsisters@hotmail.com
"
There are also a bunch of pictures, too. On the front is a sister behind a small child doing something with a log in the woods?? Another is a sister serving what looks like dinner to a small boy. Another is a sister next to a little girl with a happy new year headband on and 2004 glasses. Another one is a Sister hugging a little boy who is crying on her. One is of an Altar! One is a sister with two little girls somewhere outside. Looks like they might have hiked a mountain? (yes, she's still in her habit! these women run at LEAST 5k a day with their kids in their habits! oh my goodness!!) One is a Sister in the driver's seat of a van and maybe a 12 or 13-year-old girl in a seat behind her, looking at the camera. On the back are four sisters, dressed in their beauuuutiful habits. Light blue & white.

hope this helps! this is the one that i have felt most called to recently! that & the franciscan sisters of the renewal! oh, our Lord is so wonderful!!!!!!! :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

Thanks so much stuckinamo!!! You're the greatest. I sent a note to their email. I am really interesting in learning more about their history and founding, too.

Blessings for you on your path of discernment!

No problem at all! Thank you for the blessings, same to you!

I'd be interested to hear what you hear if you get something back from them! If you do, do you think you could perhaps share what they say? Or maybe I'll just drop them a line myself! Hmm! God's blessings!!

Peace & love in Christ,
mj

i find that odd if one cant coem up with any searches on the internet. see what their background is and let me know...i'm interested...do they wear the habits??? jw

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Jan 10 2006, 12:48 AM']i find that odd if one cant coem up with any searches on the internet. see what their background is and let me know...i'm interested...do they wear the habits??? jw
[right][snapback]851323[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm thinking they must be fairly new if they aren't on the internet a lot yet. It's not that unusual though. The Missionaries of Charity don't have an official website, either. I've sent the sisters an email politely requesting further information; I'll be happy to share and report back to the group here. :)

They do wear habits. I did a google image search (tried to do a prolifesearch, but I don't think they can search for images). [url="http://images.google.com/images?q=%22st.%20charles%20children's%20home%22&sourceid=mozilla-search&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi"]Here are the results from my search. And yes, the sisters do wear habits.[/url] In case the link doesn't work. I googled "St. Charles children's Home"-- which is where the sisters work. Hope that's helpful for all. :)

i've met two of them in real life. Sr. Maximlian and I don't remember the other one's name, oops!! however, their habits are sooooooooo gorgeous in real life!!!! they have ones for running and habits for just regular daily stuff. so neat! :cool:

Edited by stuckinamo

for some odd reason, the habits remind me fo the sisters of nazareth....but the sisters iknow have modified habit not a full habit....hmmmmm...interesting

what do you mean? and i literally don't know what it means either! haha, i don't know what each part of the habit is called or what is traditional and what is not. Probably i should research that somehow, huh?

& the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love are a fairly new order. There are like less than ten of them in NH! :shock:

[quote name='stuckinamo' date='Jan 10 2006, 04:12 PM']& the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love are a fairly new order.  There are like less than ten of them in NH! :shock:
[right][snapback]851910[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I didn't figure there were very many... I can only find three of them in picture...Sr. Maximilian is one of them. :)