An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's your American party?

qfnol31

Which American political party do you support most?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm willing to concede points. :) I was just messing with him.

I don't think that there is a possibility for a third-party candidate to win, and hot stuff kinda proves this by saying it hasn't happened for 150 years or so. :)

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 10 2006, 01:38 PM']I'm willing to concede points.  :)  I was just messing with him.

I don't think that there is a possibility for a third-party candidate to win, and hot stuff kinda proves this by saying it hasn't happened for 150 years or so.  :)
[right][snapback]851624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I've never seen you concede a point.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 10 2006, 12:38 PM']I'm willing to concede points.  :)  I was just messing with him.

I don't think that there is a possibility for a third-party candidate to win, and hot stuff kinda proves this by saying it hasn't happened for 150 years or so.  :)
[right][snapback]851624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

But you need to acknowledge that one of the greatest presidents in US history was a third party candidate. That was the point.

And the Republican party was originally a third party. So what does that say?

A third party can be successful

Oh, I don't disagree with that. :) I believe that 3rd party candidates can and will one day again be successful.

That doesn't mean in this election though.

[quote]I've never seen you concede a point.[/quote]

You don't discuss much with me. :)

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 10 2006, 01:42 PM']You don't discuss much with me.  :)
[right][snapback]851629[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
So? I still read your arguments. ;)

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 10 2006, 12:44 PM']So? I still read your arguments. ;)
[right][snapback]851631[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I do better in person. :)

well it just seems that these days, you have to vote democrat or republican ONLY. voting for a third party today is like throwing a vote away.

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' date='Jan 10 2006, 12:54 PM']well it just seems that these days, you have to vote democrat or republican ONLY.  voting for a third party today is like throwing a vote away.
[right][snapback]851650[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you think that's how people make it out to be or how it is in practice?

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' date='Jan 10 2006, 12:54 PM']well it just seems that these days, you have to vote democrat or republican ONLY.  voting for a third party today is like throwing a vote away.
[/quote]
Voting one's conscience is NEVER throwing one's vote away. On the other hand, voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 10 2006, 12:58 PM']Voting one's conscience is NEVER throwing one's vote away.  On the other hand, voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.
[right][snapback]851658[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wrote a fun essay on this that I enjoyed doing. :) It had to do with the idea of voting for the lesser of two evils versus permitting one of those two evils from happening.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 10 2006, 01:46 PM']I do better in person.  :)
[right][snapback]851636[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Don't we all ...

Probably. ;)

For the record, I do really try to concede when I think there's a point to do so. :)

Unlucky for me, I've only argued on the death penalty in six months and so my opinions are felt more strongly (still something I'd like to understand!).

[/quote]

This is what drives me nuts ( not you personally mariah! you just brought it to light)

There are 80 million Catholics in the US. If we all voted truly prolife, does anyone really believe we wouldn't be heard?

Captain_Fantastic

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 8 2006, 11:13 AM']I am a Catholic Monarchist.
[right][snapback]849431[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What exactly is a Catholic Monarchist?