An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's your American party?

qfnol31

Which American political party do you support most?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Social Security system will not be able to support us when we get older, we need to do something about it now.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

social security was orignally meant for people who really really need money to live off of. not everyone. that is the point of savings accounts, and reitierment plans.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 8 2006, 01:06 PM']Other than the life issue the Dems and Republicans are pretty much a bunch of demopublicans and they all vote alike.  It's disturbing.  I suspect that in 2008 we'll even loose the pro life difference in the race for president.  All of the Republicans who seem to be likely 2008 presidental candidates are at least partly pro choice.  Rice, Rudolf G., McCain, all of them.
[right][snapback]849524[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you think Brownback (KS) is a likely candidate? he's pro life....and Catholic...

Our current President is pro abortion. I think Reagan was the last pro life President (not sure about Bush Sr).

[quote name='Era Might' date='Jan 8 2006, 02:23 PM']Our current President is pro abortion. I think Reagan was the last pro life President (not sure about Bush Sr).
[right][snapback]849599[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Didn't Reagan kind of pave the way for Roe v. Wade (at least, as the governor of California)?

I am independant . I vote according to issues such as pro-life. If there was a democrat more prol-life than a republican, I would vote for him :)

[quote name='Colleen' date='Jan 8 2006, 03:27 PM']Didn't Reagan kind of pave the way for Roe v. Wade (at least, as the governor of California)?
[right][snapback]849605[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm not sure. I thought he was unapologetically pro life, without exceptions. I could be wrong...

[quote name='MSNBC']Bush: Opposition to abortion (except in very narrow cases of rape, incest or threat to the woman’s life is endangered) is at the core of Bush’s "right-to-life" platform. Opposes funding international organizations involved in abortion. Opposes intact dilation and extraction, known by opponents as "partial-birth abortion," which he calls a "brutal and violent practice." Opposes school-based clinics that provide referrals or counseling for contraception and abortion. Supports legislation to extend 14th Amendment protections to unborn children.[/quote]

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4448630/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4448630/[/url]