An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's your American party?

qfnol31

Which American political party do you support most?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not asking what party you belong to or which you necessarily support for President, but which party do you agree with most, and why?

I want to do this now because in a couple years this will be unbearable with the Presidency again up for grabs.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:03 PM']Republican...except I want to save the whales too
[right][snapback]849468[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LoL! :lol:

The Democratic Party

I don't like the death penalty, war, torture, or tax cuts for the rich, but I do like health care for everyone, good public schools, and social security, etc. In a nutshell that is why I am a democrat.

[quote name='zwergel88' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:48 PM']The Democratic Party

I don't like the death penalty, war, torture, or tax cuts for the rich, but I do like health care for everyone, good public schools, and social security, etc.  In a nutshell that is why I am a democrat.
[right][snapback]849502[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
A few things.

Democrats voted for the war, including Kerry.
Not all Democrats dislike the death penalty, and not all Republicans like it, either.
Tax cuts are not just for the rich.
Democrats don't necessarily create good public schools. Most of whether or not a public school will be a good one is up to the teachers' union as well as the property taxes in the area.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:03 PM']Republican...except I want to save the whales too
[right][snapback]849468[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, everybody knows that Republicans hate the whales. And clean water too!

No, I'm not being defensive, I just get tired of people assuming that Republicans are big business and anti environment. I didn't vote for Bush in the last election, I voted for the Constitution Party candidate Michael Peroutka.

I'm a single issue voter. If a candidate is pro choice I don't care what else he believes in, he won't get my vote. If there are multiple pro life candidates in the running than I start looking at other issues. Bush is mostly pro life but he acts too much like a Demopublican on fiscal issues.

Other than the life issue the Dems and Republicans are pretty much a bunch of demopublicans and they all vote alike. It's disturbing. I suspect that in 2008 we'll even loose the pro life difference in the race for president. All of the Republicans who seem to be likely 2008 presidental candidates are at least partly pro choice. Rice, Rudolf G., McCain, all of them.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 8 2006, 01:11 PM']we need a catholic monarchy with distributism
[right][snapback]849533[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oui!