An Old School Catholic Message Board

WHAT A LIE!

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

i seem to have taken it more seriously than i should have. something in my just snapped.

goldenchild17

If the author of this was serious then I'd be a bit worried about his/her mental health... :D: I'm not completely convinced by their arguments(not yet anyways) but this is obviously a slight exaggeration to say the least.

Guest JeffCR07

Ok, that quote is clearly a farse, there is no connection between the SSPX and Blood, period. I'm pretty sure the quote was intended to be humorous.

Now, that does [i]not[/i] mean that the SSPX is a noble organization. One can sympathize with their love for the Old Mass and share their desire to increase its use, but that does not make a group that is disobedient to the Magisterium "noble." In fact, nothing could do that.

[quote name='JeffCR07' date='Jan 8 2006, 06:35 AM']Ok, that quote is clearly a farse, there is no connection between the SSPX and Blood, period. I'm pretty sure the quote was intended to be humorous.

Now, that does [i]not[/i] mean that the SSPX is a noble organization. One can sympathize with their love for the Old Mass and share their desire to increase its use, but that does not make a group that is disobedient to the Magisterium "noble." In fact, nothing could do that.
[right][snapback]849367[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't understand why they get so much 'air time' on the internet. Or maybe it just seems lately theres so many threads and topics involving a small split off group compared to say discussing our protestant brothers.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Jan 8 2006, 09:39 AM']That was me above...oops...
[right][snapback]849414[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:offtopic:
Ora, you are really helping your Dad's post count . . . I hope he's properly appreciative . . .

Back to the regularly scheduled discussion

[quote name='journeyman' date='Jan 8 2006, 03:09 PM']:offtopic:
Ora, you are really helping your Dad's post count . . . I hope he's properly appreciative . . .

Back to the regularly scheduled discussion
[right][snapback]849649[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Look, I was just saying it was Ora, not OLAMdad. Excuse me. And as you saw before, I was origionally on topic.

And as you can also see, you were too sensative and got off topic as well.....

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 8 2006, 08:39 PM']Look, I was just saying it was Ora, not OLAMdad. Excuse me. And as you saw before, I was origionally on topic.

And as you can also see, you were too sensative and got off topic as well.....
[right][snapback]849904[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't and didn't have a problem . . . I go off topic as much or more than most anyone (NOT :saint:)

dUSt, we need an "off topic" smilie that is smiling :) :rolleyes: :lol_roll:

Ora, please read what I said, don't just look at the graphic . . . your Dad's post count is way up . . . I hope he appreciates your efforts on his behalf

back to our regularly scheduled discussion

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 7 2006, 01:33 PM'] the SSPX is a noble organization.
[right][snapback]848856[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
it's a schismatic organization.
I think they are more Protestant than Catholic. I mean, selectively ignoring Church doctrine because they don't believe it...hmmmm. Sweet Irony!

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 7 2006, 01:33 PM']I have to say that I am insulted.

I hope that you were joking. the SSPX is a noble organization.
[right][snapback]848856[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I thought SSPX was excommunicated for rejecting Vatican II.

its debatable

they do not reject vatican II they just see it as bieng hijacked by modernists.