An Old School Catholic Message Board

To Brendan ONLY please...

Ora et Labora

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 18 2006, 02:07 PM']Correct me if I'm wrong but two of the main reasons the SSPX was founded was the traditional formation of priests, and the continuation of the traditional- true- priesthood, i.e. offering the propitiatory Sacrifice of the Mass (Calvary), absolving sinners, preaching and teaching Catholic doctrine, etc.

God-willing I'll be a traditional priest some day either in and with the SSPX or supporting the SSPX.
[right][snapback]891265[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I dont know why you would support the SSPX when you could easily support or join the Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Sancti Petri (FSSP) which is in good standing with the Church, and offers basically everything the SSPX does, minus the being in schism part.

[url="http://www.fssp.org/"]http://www.fssp.org/[/url]

"A Society of Apostolic Life of Pontifical Right founded with the approval of His Holiness Pope John Paul II in 1988, for the formation and sanctification of priests in the framework of the TRADITIONAL LITURGY of the ROMAN RITE and their pastoral deployment in the service of the Church."

[quote] I dont know why you would support the SSPX when you could easily support or join the Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Sancti Petri (FSSP) which is in good standing with the Church, and offers basically everything the SSPX does, minus the being in schism part. [/quote]

Oh yes, I'm dying to call myself a traditional priest while receiving a novus ordo formation and to be forced to concelebrate an inferior mass?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 18 2006, 03:17 PM']Oh yes, I'm dying to call myself a traditional priest while receiving a novus ordo formation and to be forced to concelebrate an inferior mass?
[right][snapback]891312[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No Mass, no matter what your opinion is, can be inferior. If you want to call Jesus' sacrifice inferior just because you dont like the form, then that is your problem, and you can answer to God.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Feb 18 2006, 04:51 PM']No Mass, no matter what your opinion is, can be inferior.  If you want to call Jesus' sacrifice inferior just because you dont like the form, then that is your problem, and you can answer to God.
[right][snapback]891335[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i LOVE His Sacrifice more than anythign in the world... I love the Consecration of the Novus Ordo, but I do not like the rest of it...

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 18 2006, 04:01 PM']i LOVE His Sacrifice more than anythign in the world... I love the Consecration of the Novus Ordo, but I do not like the rest of it...
[right][snapback]891339[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Fine. However, I dont think you have ever been to a properly celebrated Novus Ordo Mass, because I love the whole thing. I have never been to a Traditional Latin Mass, so I cannot offer my opinion on it, but from what I have heard, I would love to go to one.